View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next
 sidney has entered the building 
Firing on two.

Post Re: sidney has entered the building
I do quite like the sign-writing - that's inspired to use the car's registration date as a telephone number 8-) Not sure about the size of that sun-visor though! :?

Apologies for going slightly off-topic:
Russell wrote:
I'm interested in the badge on the boot, what's a 2CV6 CT? Not something I've heard of

I also noticed the boot badge - would make a great present for a 2CV driving friend ;) if you could find another - I gather it's something Spanish...

September 12th, 2013, 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
Whilst I consider the rat style worn out look a bit passé, I like what you've done! I'm interested in the badge on the boot, what's a 2cv6ct? Not something I've heard of. Please though, shorten the filler neck.

Spanish market club :ugeek:

September 12th, 2013, 1:48 am
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
Whilst I consider the rat style worn out look a bit passé,

because its a FAD! :lol:

September 12th, 2013, 7:39 am
Firing on two.

Indeed it is, but lowering cars, not so!

September 12th, 2013, 8:23 am
Firing on two.

hmm , to be honest a rat look is the last thing I want to do. I´m kind of sick of seeing horrific mashups from the states with the excuse of being a rat look. basically an excuse to make things badly on the cheap and then sell at a normal price. the rat look doesnt exist here, spain is a conservative automobilistic land where everything must be shiny :( . however I really don´t want a fresh out of the paint shop look either!. which is also a cheap way of hiding a multitude of sins.

I want it to look tidy and neat and with perfect bodywortk and zero rust, but an "imperfect" paint finish and showing some of the (albeit faux) patina , soul and age of the car. I did it similarly with the cortina using a mix of minimal repaint, some primer showing and a mix of gloss and matt varnishes. which make a nice contrast I think and an interesting car.

the ct badge..yet another spanishism it would seem, I´ll keep my eyes open for a source of badges

still waiting for the uphostery stuff and the new grill so tidying up the dings at the front end

September 12th, 2013, 7:21 pm
Firing on two.

At the end of the day Sig it's your 2cv and you paint/finish it anyway that suites you,me I think it's inspired and looks ace :-)

September 12th, 2013, 10:11 pm
Firing on two.

quick query !...the (breather?) tube that goes from the oil filler tube to the air filter housing ?...what does it do and why. its not connected at the moment and all works well it seems. but I can´t imagine a possible use for it......maybe by connecting it I miraculously gain 30 hp :D

September 14th, 2013, 10:32 am
Firing on two.

sig wrote:
quick query !...the (breather?) tube that goes from the oil filler tube to the air filter housing ?...what does it do and why.

The oil filler neck contains the crankcase breather. Having that in working condition is VERY important on our engines, since there's a big volume change inside the crankcase, as both pistons come in and out together. Any oil vapour that gets forced out with the air would just get dumped over the engine bay and brakes, so - as with almost every other engine out there - the exhaled breath from the engine is routed to the air filter, and any oiliness ingested and burnt.

September 14th, 2013, 10:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

The small tube that connected buy a short rubber hose to engine by the dipstick is to take the condensed oil back into the engine,from the breather base.This could be blocked with crap and needs poking clear. I would take the whole breather off so yo can make sure you don't introduce any of the crap into your engine.As it's only a couple bolts to undo it has to make it easier :-)

September 14th, 2013, 11:05 am
Firing on two.

good info thanks guys :)

not much to report, the stuff still hasn´t arrived from france but i´ve been preparing for the new front grill and the rear number plate panel which was starting to rust. so stainless replacement put in and also polished the boot space.
I ordered 2 paint colours , 1 the cream and another the roof colour for some accents ! bumpers maybe, not sure yet. any left over will be used when I repaint the lambretta. that´ll make a nice pic with both matching :D

September 15th, 2013, 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next