View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 1955 Traction Avant 11cv 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1955 Traction Avant 11cv
Nice one :D rant away

March 21st, 2015, 6:55 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

You did a great job, saving a car from dust...

and I also got away with bad brakes... So I asked the inspector why I got away with it.. He said to me, I can see you have renewed the discs and pads, I also can see this is almost the first drive with it. I bet if you come back within 2 or 3 days it will have settled and it will just be fine... (Which was true ofcourse)...

You did also a good job putting your on stamp it (Dutch saying) (interieur, powersteering 12volt aso)..

As long as you like it then it is ok. with us....

Letting them rotten away (as many French do).. is much more punishable then what you did..

Period.

Now go out and enjoy your cars...

Russ

March 22nd, 2015, 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Yeah, I am a massive snob when it comes to 2cvs and what people do to them, but if somebody takes one that's been sitting abandoned for years or forgotten or heavily mistreated and gets it back on the road then that's surely the best thing, it's the aim of the game, I think it's probably the very ethos of this forum, I personally couldn't give a shit if you'd put DS23 running gear on it or painted it bright red or something, it's surely better that it's now being used and enjoyed than sitting in a barn going to pot, who's enjoying that? We only enjoy the thrill of finding cars like that because of the possibility of what they could become, or because of the fantasy of what we could do to them. Of course, you've taken it one step further by not only finding that restorable 'barn find' car we all dream of coming across, but buying it and then living the fantasy of making it driveable again, and not just driveable but finished to a lovely standard. As for the Traction forum types, fuck 'em.

March 22nd, 2015, 11:31 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Quote:
"Russell" if you'd put DS23 running gear on it or painted it bright red or something, it's surely better that it's now being used and enjoyed than sitting in a barn going to pot.

Which reminds me, saw this one yesterday, schoolboard black paint and moondiscs

Here you go Russ...

Attachment:
ds.jpg
ds.jpg [ 206.64 KiB | Viewed 3955 times ]

Russ

March 22nd, 2015, 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
Quote:
"Russell" if you'd put DS23 running gear on it or painted it bright red or something, it's surely better that it's now being used and enjoyed than sitting in a barn going to pot.

Here you go Russ...

Attachment:
ds.jpg

Not that i would give a shit, but are you sure the DS wasn't just wrapped?

March 22nd, 2015, 12:14 pm
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
Yeah, I am a massive snob when it comes to 2cvs and what people do to them, but if somebody takes one that's been sitting abandoned for years or forgotten or heavily mistreated and gets it back on the road then that's surely the best thing, it's the aim of the game, I think it's probably the very ethos of this forum, I personally couldn't give a shit if you'd put DS23 running gear on it or painted it bright red or something, it's surely better that it's now being used and enjoyed than sitting in a barn going to pot, who's enjoying that? We only enjoy the thrill of finding cars like that because of the possibility of what they could become, or because of the fantasy of what we could do to them. Of course, you've taken it one step further by not only finding that restorable 'barn find' car we all dream of coming across, but buying it and then living the fantasy of making it driveable again, and not just driveable but finished to a lovely standard. As for the Traction forum types, fuck 'em.

As far as i can recall, he didn't even buy it ;)

March 22nd, 2015, 12:16 pm
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:

Here you go Russ...

Attachment:
ds.jpg

I luv the DS especially modified, just sold mine :cry: , but this does remind me of this....

March 22nd, 2015, 12:20 pm
Firing on two.

Cheers everyone - It since to get the support and the encouragement and also when doing things wrong to get a friendly pointer in the right direction.

Trouble is with the French Forum, although they know I am English they don't comment in a level I fully understand, so their little quips and jokes go straight over my head. But in this instance they were more worried why it had passed the CT when it was not correct. My son (fluent in French) has put them right :D

Nope - I didn't pay for the car originally, it was a favour to a neighbour who needed it moved from his cousins barn as they were selling the house. When I got it to his farm (retired farm now) he just said I could have it or could I take it directly to the scrappy. That was when I was deep in it as there was no way this was being scrapped.

Have loved doing it and it is not finished yet, plenty to do. I also have to move back to my AZU as that also had one brake not working on the front on its CT (2 weeks ago). I also need to redo the suspension on it and give the engine a good 'ole service. We drive everywhere in it even though I can't see a bloody thing other than directly in from of me - that IS totally original and I do like it that way - again I was so lucky finding that and profiting from the fact the owner was under pressure to sell it by his dad - right place right time for that little car.

Now where can I find a little DS..... :?

March 22nd, 2015, 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:

Wot Russ said, + 1 :)

March 22nd, 2015, 2:28 pm
Firing on two.

Utterly brilliant & inspirational Ian.

Tripyrenees wrote:
The big issue that the Traction fraternity will have soon is that they will all be passing away without anyone coming up behind them to take the cars and carry on the Traction for the next generations - if they are not Bog Standard and shine like a shiny thing then they are not correct and they will argue over purists and the others......

I gave up on the Morris Minor lot over here coz of that.

And wot Chris2cv said about wot Russ said + 2 - does this mean I can put an M28 in Gerty then Russ...?

March 24th, 2015, 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next