View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Dutch Dyane Super 
2CV Fan

Post Dutch Dyane Super
hi,

im pretty new here on the forum, iv been reading for a long time.
i live in holland, near eindhoven. im 20 years old while posting this, and have a love for custom car's. iv grew into the citroen's because of my parents. so that's why i bougt a dyane as my first car.

i am a metalworking for the past 5 years now, and still loveing my job. i specialize in lathe/milling work. and hope soon to add some more sheetmetalworking to my skills.
also started a little company in custom parts for cars and bike's.

first year i drove it as it was. and collecting parts for the project.

then i bought an ami super for the chassis and went for a 4 cilinder dyane and welded the roof shut. it drove great but still a bit to standard.

so i bought a cx for daily driving, and now i started to take my dyane appart again.

first i will work on the engine / gearbox. the engine is a 1300gsa with electronic ignition. but i will make it a 1600cc. also i have a supercharger/compressor for it. and 2 dubble weber carbs. the gearbox will be a 5 speed with modifications.

when thats done the chassis will be rebuild, and maby going to fit some suspension parts of a gsa. or something like that. the future can bring many things.

iv got all the pictures of the build on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JoeyBrinkmannCustomParts

its the custom dyane project

in the future i will post pictures here aswel. but its alot of work to post all the pictures of the build so far!

sorry for my bad english, im trying my best

Last edited by Joey_brinkmann on February 24th, 2013, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 23rd, 2013, 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: dutch dyane super
Your english is fine.

Like the car. I used to have an Acdyane with a GSA1300lump in it a long long time ago.

Good for 165km/h but drank like a fish,,,,

February 23rd, 2013, 11:22 pm
Firing on two.

i had a 1300 gsa engine, never went in a car though! Its the thought that counts!

lovely dyane though!

February 23rd, 2013, 11:43 pm
2CV Fan

thank you for the comments, alot is going to happen to make the car more stand out.

got some wheels widend.

its going to be full flat black, incl the wheels and such.

also i have a question, i was working today on the clutch housing, i want the clutch lever/fork out so i can reinforce it. but the question is how am i going to do that?

February 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

That car looks great! And a hard top!

February 24th, 2013, 12:29 am
Firing on two.

This is a great project please keep posting updates about it. :D

To remove the clutch fork there is a small screw in the middle that holds it onto the pivot rod. It is not possible to remove it with a screwdriver, I don't understand how Citroen fitted it. You can unscrew it with locking pliers. Then the rod pushes out the side through the hole in the bell housing.

February 24th, 2013, 1:42 am
Firing on two.

Great car and great project with supercharger etc... :) :) :)

February 24th, 2013, 9:26 am
Firing on two.

Like the project, which car did you get the super charger from?

February 24th, 2013, 11:52 am
2CV Fan

subarupete wrote:
Like the project, which car did you get the super charger from?

i work together sometime's with a company in my town, they sell supercharger / turbo kits. this one is can handle a 2.2l engine max.

if worked on the engine already and looked at the cilinderhead's to port the in/out lets. but there will be no porting done. because its already as big / straight down as it can be. doesnt seem orginal to me?

i am working on some gearboxes as we speak, trying to build the best one for my car. and i want it to be a bit different. dont know if its possible. but i can always try i think.

as you see its a long ratio 5 speed, iv got the clutch housing / prisas [ dont know it in english, but the shaft that goes to the engine] from a ami super gearbox. so that make's op for alot of cm already.

you can see the difference verry good there. but thats not all im planning to do to the engine.
there are already alot of people with a 4x4 setup. im going to try it aswel. but i want to keep all the 5 speeds. its not going to be a offroader. but iv already had a problem with getting the tires to stick to the road with the engine that was in it. and now its going to be maby twice as powerfull.

that's why i want it to be a 4wd, it will be alot of thinking so any idea's are welcome!

iv already made some adapter disks, for the driveshafts, if any one needs them. i still got 8 sets, with m9 bolts.

the picture is a bit wrong. because the bolts are in the wrong way, they need to go the otherway in so they dont stick out of the adaptor plate.

sorry for the bigger picture's facebook is now uploading them in higher res. but that make's the details only better to see.

February 24th, 2013, 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: Dutch Dyane Super
Ideas on 4x4.
4x4 can be done but I think you will have to use the 5th speed to do so + a viscous coupling between the front and rear.
See viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3279&start=30

February 24th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next