View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 29th, 2024, 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Beachcomber!! (Probably bitten off more than I can chew...) 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Beachcomber!! (Probably bitten off more than I can chew.
the o/p has a galv chassis already
its going to cost a fair bit for the repair panels but thats the nature of the 2cv,s
we repaired my do-lly with panels and doner metal from an old filing cabinet 2 years ago, a mig is essential
a lot of bits can be made by hand in a large vice
we found the rear seatbelt anchorage panel the worst bit to weld in!

February 12th, 2013, 10:14 pm
Haggis Muncher

Sean wrote:
BWahahahahahahahawathefuck'aveyou done my son!

Knew that was coming :D On that note Sean, I'm SURE you said you'd give me a hand any time i needed, when last we met :lol:

February 12th, 2013, 11:01 pm
Firing on two.

Martin have access to 2 trailers but V goes in for back sugery tomorrow - its school holidays and to put the cherry on the cake of chaos we have a new pup ! so the likleyhood of getting anything organised is 0
40 odd for the day is great value last time i hired it was 60, deposit can often be a rubber cheque or get your old man to lend the deposit?

Ayjay, thanks for the advice ive done a few.

February 12th, 2013, 11:10 pm
Firing on two.

ill return you rcall when ive sent the tea up to the patient

February 12th, 2013, 11:11 pm
Haggis Muncher

Thanks for the call mate - sounds like you have a helluvalot on your plate at the moment so not a problem ;)

I'll just have to bug the hell out of you later in the year when the long slow rebuild begins!

February 12th, 2013, 11:26 pm
Firing on two.

no worries ;)

February 12th, 2013, 11:43 pm
Haggis Muncher

Quick update, folks - trailer is getting hired monday morning, so I should have some nice pics for you all come monday night, all going well :)

Secondly, heard back from Roger Purcell and it turns out the car has never been on the disc brake register, so I'm still no further forward to finding out any of the car's hstory. Ah well... :lol:

February 19th, 2013, 7:54 pm
Haggis Muncher

Sun is shining, air is crisp and hardly a cloud in the sky - what a day to collect a car 8-)

Link for FB album full of pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 194c3d2f90

Pretty uneventful journey to the lock up, aside from occasional nutters cutting us off or racing past, including this memorable overtake by ANOTHER car on a trailer!

And arrived all safe and sound :)

Step one was to give the car another once-over. Its not as bad in some places as I thought, and much worse in others. All the pictures are in the FB album (linked at top of post), but the choice ones are below...

Roof is very faded, as well as hardened and shrunk with age. Will need to be replaced for sure.

Both sides are like this, but the main windscreen surround looks ok. Anyone know if repair panels exist for this area?

Think someone has been using this body tub as a ladder... :evil:

Seats came up alright with a quick brush down, but are generally quite grotty. Need to get some upholstery cleaner on them!

New windscreen needed.

There's random wires all over the place - think someone has fancied themselves as an auto electrician in its past...

Chassis collapse has buckled the f/o/s door :(

Seats out, revealing some major rust. Floors, sills, toe-board and maybe even lower bulkhead needed.

Quick check under the bonnet and yep, there's most definitely an engine under there :lol:

Original vent hoses, too! :shock:

Last edited by smyth602 on February 25th, 2013, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 25th, 2013, 7:44 pm
Haggis Muncher

That's pretty much all for now - I started to run out of battery in my camera :p

Included in the sale, I also got 4 decent doors, a boot lid, quarter panels and a f/o/s wing. Also have a box full of random bits and bobs that I've yet to look through.

Wish me luck!

February 25th, 2013, 7:48 pm
Firing on two.

smyth602 wrote:
Pretty uneventful journey to the lock up, aside from occasional nutters cutting us off or racing past, including this memorable overtake by ANOTHER car on a trailer!

Pfft. Straight dual carriageway, nothing else in sight - what's the problem?

Anyway, the car. It actually looks better than I expected, based on those pics. It's even got a boot floor. C'mon, get the seats out and show us the rest.

BTW, the door's not down to the chassis - that's probably been bent to get in to it. Thieving scrotes.

February 25th, 2013, 7:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next