View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Rene - 1970 AZU SOLD 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Rene - The 1970 AZU AK250
Congratulations !

Ez a türelem kérdése.........

March 25th, 2013, 6:32 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Rene - The 1970 AZU AK250
A little trick I thought to pass on re painting wheels with the tyres on is to deflat them and then using playing cards pushed in between the tyre and bead so each over lap covering the tyre wall,put enough air in to hold the cards and mask up the rest of the tyre. A neat trick I thought when I'd seen this done,mind your cards are knackered after :-)

March 25th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Rene - 1970 AZU SOLD
It was goodbye to our René I yesterday. A bit sad even though we have only owned him for 5 months. But I woke up thinking that I have never changed the gear box oil - this has been my nightmare since the problem with the AZU last week. :o :o

As soon as the shops opened I bought some oil. I drained René I - when I say drained, a half cup of glupe fell out. I refilled with a litre of the good stuff and took him out for his final drive. Bloody hell - first time that 4th gear worked without a hitch. Funny how this oil stuff works ;)

Untitled by Tripyrenees, on Flickr

As one left on a trailer in the morning - we returned that same afternoon with another :oops:

April 4th, 2013, 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Thats what we all are trying to say all the time.... First thing to do when buying a new car, change the gearbox oil and engine oil (and oilfilter when it is in)...

When the oil looks as you describe, take a drive of about 20km with the new oil and the change it again (when oil still is warm)........

Russ

April 4th, 2013, 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

A garagiste picked up the car - he did his apprenticeship on 2CVs and will basically do a body off restore on him ready for his new life as a butchers van.

I changed the oil thinking the guy was going to drive him back to Biarritz (300 Km).

BUT - I have listened and I have 5 litres of engine oil and 3 litres of gearbox oil in readiness for the 4L I am working on. Bloody thing went up in smoke as soon as I connected the battery. Alternator went poof and a huge water leak from the water pump - what is all this water stuff. :o ....... much prefer my AZU :D

April 4th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7