View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Early Ami 
Firing on two.

Post Early Ami
Here is my latest toy
I found it sitting waiting, whilst out and about.
When i first saw it it was covered in Brambles but after picking most of it off its looking surprisingly good.
Considering the door has been off for 5 years that is

Bench seat even looks good

Luckilly the door is present just not on it.

So in the next few weeks if |i can coax it onto a mates trailer in one peice it should be home and at Unhinged Towers ready for autopsy/examination.

September 22nd, 2012, 11:08 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Early Ami
Christ, that A pillar is a bit ruined isn't it? Good luck with that. What's the other side like? It doesn't look like a total loss though, bit of a lucky find all told. What's the spares car like?

September 22nd, 2012, 11:39 pm
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
Christ, that A pillar is a bit ruined isn't it? Good luck with that. What's the other side like? It doesn't look like a total loss though, bit of a lucky find all told. What's the spares car like?

Is it? whats it supposed to look like :lol: Looked solid to me, just had leaves and stuff in it and a little surface.
Or is it bent?
No idea about the spares car or the passenger side pillar on this one as I have not been able to get to it yet.

As for the spares car I still need to trim that back to find it :lol:

September 22nd, 2012, 11:54 pm
Firing on two.

It looks to me like the whole things on the piss and rusted off, in the picture anyway, possibly explaining why the door isn't fitted? It's a common place for Amis to rot, usually it's difficult to see but you get the whole door and pillar moving, the door constantly drops and won't shut cleanly.

September 23rd, 2012, 12:09 am
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
It looks to me like the whole things on the piss and rusted off, in the picture anyway, possibly explaining why the door isn't fitted? It's a common place for Amis to rot, usually it's difficult to see but you get the whole door and pillar moving, the door constantly drops and won't shut cleanly.

Oh well if it is, one likes a challenge, and its about time i got re-aquainted with my Mig and tinbashing stuff anyway.
Ideal time to get a winter tan too :D
In the mean time I will just find a way of sticking it in the hole to protect it from the elements.
you never know the other one might be a good pillar donor.
Optimist me

September 23rd, 2012, 12:19 am
Firing on two.

Hmm,I love those cars.Where did it come from? (and dont say France)

September 23rd, 2012, 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Hmmm Interesting

Its got a late dash in it but early rear lights. Its not one I've seen on the register so tell me more.

September 23rd, 2012, 11:23 am
Firing on two.

dave 411 wrote:
Hmm,I love those cars.Where did it come from? (and dont say France)

I really dont know much about its history at this moment, I do know it was imported in 99, and last taxed in 2004.
As for finding it It was all due to waking up the other week whilst on Holiday.

I remembered seeing them a couple of years back that whilst dragging my brothers car to get a clutch done at a shady looking backstreet place local to me.

Bruv was waiting to have a chat with the guy and I went for a wander, and there they were a compound full of A series in various states of decay.

I could not for the life of me remember where they were, I had it down to a 5ish mile radius So I made a Cuppa and got going with google maps on Satalite mode.
I then proceded to drink several more Cuppas...
3 hours later and lots of squinting I spotted what looked like a very pixelated 2cv roof in the brambles.
Google maps can be up to 4 years old so all was not won as yet, besides I could find them and easily be told to do one.
I went for a drive, I found them, had a chat with the owner.
The long and the short is I am negotiating with helping him for move the other stuff on.(More on that later when I get it sorted) but the Ami (Plus late spares car currently covered in Brambles) are mine awaiting dragging home. :)

September 23rd, 2012, 2:11 pm
Firing on two.

baron_matt wrote:
Hmmm Interesting

Its got a late dash in it but early rear lights. Its not one I've seen on the register so tell me more.

I really dont know that much about it at the moment , but as soon as I know more of the above I will pass it on.
So then in that case it seems like I have got another mongrel, Excellent, I love winding up the purists :lol:

September 23rd, 2012, 2:15 pm
Firing on two.

Well for better or worse,Friday afternoon is booked off and The Ami will be exhumed from her grave one way or another.
Now I have broken all the rules of car buying, I have not had a really good poke around , I have not even had the Bonnet open (I honestly dont know if there is an engine under there let alone its condition)
I have not had the carpets, or whatever covers the floor up.
I do not know what condition the Chassis is in.
I do not know if there is a floor under the matting present.
I have not had any but the missing door open.
I have no idea whats in the boot or if it indeed has a boot floor ,or inner wings.

I just thought balls to it, I have always wanted one , I am having that, Take the rough with the smooth and I will make up the rest as I go along.
I spent 2 formative years doing sheet metalwork and fabrication.
I have a fair few restos under my belt.
I have a Mig, I aint scared of no rust. :D
I might be pleasantly surprised... I might have bought a Dog.

Friday will tell... Exciting isnt it :D

September 24th, 2012, 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next