View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Fred the Shed 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Fred the Shed
Had to look at the banner to make sure I was still on I2f not VZi :lol:

September 21st, 2012, 11:04 pm
Firing on two.

Sean wrote:
Had to look at the banner to make sure I was still on I2f not VZi :lol:

Its a bit like that :lol: there is quite a few names ringing bells here

September 21st, 2012, 11:15 pm
Firing on two.

No exciting pictures no exciting updates, however I found some stuff at Lidl today.
They call it Radiator reflector foil for putting behind household radiators to reflect heat back into the room.
Its the flexable polystyrene backed stuff and one roll is enough to tuck 2 layers under a 2cv roof.
The rolls are just over half the roof in width so you get 4 runs out of it.
Got the idea from a certain well known parts supplier.
Its now toasty warm in there now.
£5 well spent

November 18th, 2012, 7:09 pm
Firing on two.

Mr Unhinged wrote:
No exciting pictures no exciting updates, however I found some stuff at Lidl today.
They call it Radiator reflector foil for putting behind household radiators to reflect heat back into the room.
Its the flexable polystyrene backed stuff and one roll is enough to tuck 2 layers under a 2cv roof.
£5 well spent

I did this a couple of winter back very effective to also stopped the shower of fine ice crystals down my neck from inside the roof when I slammed the door :lol:

November 19th, 2012, 11:36 am
Firing on two.

banjo wrote:
Mr Unhinged wrote:
£5 well spent

I did this a couple of winter back very effective to also stopped the shower of fine ice crystals down my neck from inside the roof when I slammed the door :lol:

I have remembered this from when i had one before, and thats why I did it this year Snow is better outside :lol:

November 19th, 2012, 10:46 pm
Firing on two.

I have had a rubbish starting problem for a while, turns out as well as the ancient Battery (that has now been replaced with one that is only 5 years old) The ignition switch as knackered.
So I flashed out and got another one from Ecas, and I am guessing the old one died due to water ingress.
an autopsy says yes it did.
So 2 choices, fix the leak that could be in one of several places or think laterally.
I did the latter, I found a Toy Balloon in my draw of many things.
I then snipped the top off it fed the wires through and rolled the rest of the Balloon up over the ignition Barrel and the lock barrel.
and the wires poke out of the mouthpeice.
Couple of winds of electrical tape to keep it in place and Jobs a goodun.
Ignition now has either a Condom or Scuba gear (depending on what way you think) but it should stay dry now until I can be arsed to fix the leak..

December 1st, 2012, 10:20 pm
Firing on two.

March 29th, 2013, 11:12 pm
Firing on two.

Mr Unhinged wrote:
I have had a rubbish starting problem for a while [...]The ignition switch is knackered... I am guessing the old one died due to water ingress... an autopsy says yes it did.
I found a Toy Balloon [...] I then snipped the top off it, fed the wires through and rolled the rest of the Balloon up over the ignition Barrel and the lock barrel.
and the wires poke out of the mouthpeice

That's excellent! I can't see the pictures - the works system wont let them through - but I have it in my mind. The girlfriend's D*lly had the same problem, but she countered it by using a snipped plastic water bottle as a cover. I think your balloon idea is a winner though! For the aesthetically minded, it can be colour-coded too ;)

March 30th, 2013, 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Mark350 wrote:
Mr Unhinged wrote:
I have had a rubbish starting problem for a while [...]The ignition switch is knackered... I am guessing the old one died due to water ingress... an autopsy says yes it did.
I found a Toy Balloon [...] I then snipped the top off it, fed the wires through and rolled the rest of the Balloon up over the ignition Barrel and the lock barrel.
and the wires poke out of the mouthpeice

That's excellent! I can't see the pictures - the works system wont let them through - but I have it in my mind. The girlfriend's D*lly had the same problem, but she countered it by using a snipped plastic water bottle as a cover. I think your balloon idea is a winner though! For the aesthetically minded, it can be colour-coded too ;)

Sad though it is, I got the Idea from when I was messing about with Tamiya radio controlled cars as a Kid.
They had this sweep arm speed controller operated via a servo . It would malfunction when the car hit a puddle and send the car scurrying off into the distance...until it found something solid to kill itself with. :lol:
Now back in the day Tamiya would sell you a Rubber Bag Kit, for a fiver you would get a bag with 2 Black Balloons in it.
cut a hole stretch it over the offending item and it didnt let water in, Mostly.
Cant remember the price but they were expensive for what they were.
and people used to buy them, not me though, I would go down the Toyshop and buy a bag full of the things for 50p.
Vintage tamiya nuts are now producing and selling repro ones (The originals were stamped with tamiya logos) and the Buffers go nuts for them a fiver a go.
Takes all sorts :lol:

March 30th, 2013, 2:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7