View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Dave 411's 1967 AK350. 
super slot

Post Re: Dave 411's 1967 AK350.
This is the head without valve stem seals

And this is the one with the seals.

And just for the hell of it,the rest of the gubbins. :P

And, if anyones interested,the difference between a 2cv6 cooling fan,and an AK 350 fan.

February 7th, 2012, 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

Now the carb It was pretty dirty,

So a strip down and clean was in order.The inside had obviouisly had water through it at sometime recently,the jets and passage ways were all furred up with a calcium like substance.So,a wash in some truck wash was in order.
A soak and brush up soon cleaned all the muck and oil off,and got rid of all the deposits in the jets and passage ways.Good stuff truck wash,especially on aluminium.

I have now taken the butterfly shaft out,there is an alarming amount off play in it,so I will try and find a replacement.I have seen one on franzose,will have to check its the correct one.
Also,I cant seem to get my head around the choke mechanism.It was working,but things dont make sense,like the way the choke flap is sprung closed,and the return spring (which wasnt fitted correctly in the first place,

It wasnt doing anything.
I have some pics from Paul in France,and I have fitted the spring as per those pics,but it just seems that the spring is now to strong.

Also,the spring only works for half of the movement of the choke mechanism.
Will have to investigate further ;)

February 7th, 2012, 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

Just a few pics of the worn throttle shaft,and the accelerator pump diaphragm which has split.The two shaft seals could do with changing also,but I doubt I will find any of those :cry:

Collected all the tin ware from the powder coaters,looks really good.I was going to paint them,but found a local firm,only 50quid to strip and coat them.I thought that was a good price,

February 7th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Like the work, Good Idea with steering rack greaseability

February 7th, 2012, 7:57 pm
Firing on two.

:shock: Wow fantastic job Dave, if I accidentally leave my car at your place will it get the same treatment? :lol:

February 9th, 2012, 1:43 am
Firing on two.

update,
the throttle shaft from Franzose arrived,and it fits:D.I managed to get two throttle shaft seals,but had to take them from a new carb I bought on e bay,it wasnt the correct one for my engine,I have a 30 pics,and it is a 34 pics,but the seals are the same,so I have used them:(.
I made a new accelerator pump diaphragm from a fuel pump we use on outboards,just cut it out and fitted the center piece and it works great.So thats the carb done.

Finished the front axle/steering rack.All working good,adjusted ok,but,as Ken suggested,the new pinion is realy "notchey" compared to the old one no matter how I adjust the tensioner.

and painted the rear axle as well.

The pedal box came back from SPOG,really pleased with this,it was slopping around like a sloppy slop,now its good and tight,thanks Spog.

I think I might have found the elusive rear crank main bearing and new inlet and exhaust valve,if so,I can start rebuilding the engine soon,cant wait:D.

February 11th, 2012, 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

Good times, Dave. This will surely be one of the nicest 350s out there. :)

February 11th, 2012, 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Last night I thought I would clean and paint the gear stick off the gearbox.The paint came of really easy,to reveal,well,what I would describe as a work or art.I am not an arty type of person,but the shape of it struck me straight away.As I was carefully taking the paint off,revealing its true shape,I felt like an explorer unearthing a lost tomb.I got excited.
Now please dont think I have lost the plot,cause I aint,but I just cant get over the shape of just a plain old gear stick.Yes,Citroen could have just bent a piece of rod and it would have been fine,but i think they produced this bit with a bit of "French flair".It reminds me of the flowing contours of the DS.
If you have seen one of these you may appreiciate what I am dronoing on about,if you havent,the pics show it,not very well,but you can see the curved shapes I am on about.A bit more of a classy gear stick compared to a 2cv 6.

I am not mad,honestly:D

February 12th, 2012, 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

And I only had the one can of Fosters :lol:

February 12th, 2012, 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I can appreciate where you're coming from, what was wrong with a bit of bent tube though? Why bother making it tapered like that? Who knows. Anyway, did your seat turn up unscathed? I couldn't remember which Batteur you wanted so you've got both. Sorry it was 'ghetto wrapped' like that, I didn't have a big enough box.

February 12th, 2012, 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next