View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Acadiane Mixte 

Post Acadiane Mixte
Hi All,

Following the other half purchasing a 2cv a couple of years ago, I got jealous and wanted my own, so purchased an Acadiane Mixte late last year - about September I think? I ran it through the winter and enjoyed it particularly in the snow.

Unfortunately she won't fit in my garage so has to live outside, she's called Babs, due to the numberplate (B485) and the Acorn Antiques connection ;)

She's solid underneath, but crusty round the edges, I replaced the front panel, because it looked like this:

Popped on some new metal numberplates and was really happy with the front end:

Unfortunately this weekend just gone, I took her to Wales and lost a window wiper in the strong breezes and the bumper fell off on a bumpy track and got buckled underneath the car - it's now rather bent, might be repairable, but I'm thinking it'll just need replacing which is annoying!

Current plans are:
New front side panel
Repaint front wings
New back panel (terrible rust here)
Powdercoat roof rack (anyone know anywhere around warwick / coventry

Plans when the funds allow are:
New doors (although I'm getting to enjoy the view of the road from inside...) - do the door bottom repair kits they sell work on Acad doors?
Chasing / cutting out / repairing / treating all the many many rust scabs
Repaint - same colour, although I often waver towards a colour change - Bleu Lagune or Jaune Cedra mmmmmm

Anyway that's Babs!

May 3rd, 2011, 7:46 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Acadiane Mixte
Looking good James, If you need another front bumper I can send one back with Kim & Luke when they come to visit this weekend..

May 3rd, 2011, 8:11 pm
Firing on two.

I'm guessing you're not near west Sussex but there's a glut of dyane bumpers this end of the country which I'd imagine would come very cheaply your way. Nice car though, that front panel was a blinder! What does your other half drive then?

May 3rd, 2011, 8:15 pm
super slot

Welcome here, James!

Here's a few pics of 'Babs' when it was advertised the car & classic website & not eBay as i'd first thought... These pictures are a few years old now & it would appear to have had extensive work done to the lower windscreen panel - perhaps even replaced. I'm sure on Gary Dicks' facebook there are pictures of a white Acadiane with a lower windscreen panel being let in...

It was quite a well known van on the scene perhaps 10-15 years ago & features in this video of the 2cv 50th anniversary celebrations in Paris back in 1998:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lc3ihSz ... dded#at=17

Also, this picture 'borrowed' off Dennis Jinks' Facebook from the same meeting:

May 3rd, 2011, 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah I brought it off Gary Dicks - he had a lot of lovely vehicles dotted about the yard / barns, could have wandered round for ages.

It had not long had the new windscreen panel, it's had new floors as well and the inner box sections in the back as well - the panel over the fuel tank looks to be better nowadays too, so maybe that was replaced. Although those pictures are much closer to the current condition than the french pic - it did improve a lot with a good wash though.

I had forgotten about the chrome handbag shaped tax disc holder! I nearly kept it because it was so awesomely rubbish.

Thanks Wiltz - if you did have a spare one I could buy off you that would be amazing! The wonky face is depressing me.

Also cheers for the offer Russell!

The other half has a former grey / grey charleston that's now completely dark grey with with Raye Orange seats and an Orange roof (not one for the purists, but it's awesome and goes like a Ferrari compared to my van) - it was at the Easter in the East Camp with a Jack Russell in tow, I couldn't make it due to a royal screw up on my dates, oops!

Managed to watch the video fully since I got back from work, it's brilliant seeing it drive around in good condition - it must have not long been restored then - I believe it was originally white, but it's been red at some point. I really like discovering bits about the history of my cars - when re-trimming the seats on my old Golf I found a hidden Readers Digest winning prize booklet thingy hidden in the headrest from when it was 2 years old - think a previous owner must have won the money and celebrated with a brown golf cabriolet - stylish ;)

May 3rd, 2011, 8:58 pm
Aircooled Idiot

i think i have a video of your other halfs car, gos like shit of a shovel!!!

i think the video might well be on my facebook
anyway nice car you got there!!!!!!!!!!

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

May 3rd, 2011, 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

this the 2cv?

'scuse me coughing!!
and some one laughing.... adrian!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10150573673060392

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

May 3rd, 2011, 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Spellin Bea

im rather jealous of your acadiane all iv got is the normal dyane :lol:

as russ said, iv currently got a nice condition dyane bumper that i would happily offer to you :D

May 4th, 2011, 12:44 am

I can't see the Video because of privacy settings, but I believe he was drag racing. We initially thought the speed was due to the clever weight saving holes in the floor and wings, but now we've got rid of those it still seems fast.

I was torn between the Acad and a Dyane, because I love open top cars, but the van has proven useful moving furniture, car parts, canoes and all kinds of rubbish, as well as being good for camping. That said I think Chris really wants a Myosotis Blue Dyane because he had one dissolve on his drive throughout his childhood.

You certainly notice the aerodynamics of the van when going uphill into a headwind, but I enjoy the way it rolls more, you can really scare the crap out of the back seat passengers because they sit so high up - it's a bit like the pope-mobile in the back.

I quite want your spotlights George as well, so if I could just nick the whole front assembly off yours that'd be great :)

May 4th, 2011, 10:45 am
Firing on two.

That is pretty *swoon*. It's like a Dyane but even prettier!

Hi, I'm Pete. Most people know me as that grumpy sod...

May 4th, 2011, 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next