View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 SoS'S Salbris Car( actually its Vickis!) 
Firing on two.

Post Re: SoS'S Salbris Car
all the big lumps in.....just the trim stuff really I hate trim and carpet and all that stuff but wont get away with forgetting on this one.....its a girl car.

dont know which alternator to put in, iskra for 1000s of trouble free miles or an old (well in years only, still looks new) ducellier and a pile of fuse wire :lol:brilliant piece of advice by the vendor that actually cares!

Edit:_ducellier had self destructed internally- pics to follow, so thats a hobsons choice for the iskra

unless i can get the internals out of another Duc in decent order.......

May 3rd, 2011, 12:56 pm
Firing on two.

The Meharis x year old iskra starter is now in my D*lly, as the 2 year old duc in the D*lly was dead. Is there a 'preferred' option?

Looking nice Sean :)

May 3rd, 2011, 11:05 pm
Firing on two.

the one that spins the fastest?

May 4th, 2011, 7:57 am
Firing on two.

Made a new roof for it using some pu coated acrylic canvas.
Surprising how its changed the whole look of the car. More matt black is needed I think.
electrics all sorted just got to sort out the poor fitting Argy front wing( should have checked them all for fit before deciding which ones to spray)
Maplins kit, it came in a box of spares,bolted to the front of the air filter and the engine started first time.

seats, trim and stereo wiring to finish.

May 14th, 2011, 8:54 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: SoS'S Salbris Car( actually its Vickis!)
has given up trying to make the poxy Argy wing fit.

it had been fitted to something and wasnt too bad, it was pressed in to service for this one but as id preped and sprayed the wings before the shell went on the chassis couldn't check for fit.
now that all the internal seams are picked apart and all the brackets are off it it still wont fit, the curve is all wrong and the a panel/ fillets just dont sit right. So before i spat the dummy and kicked seven shades of .... out the car i went and had a rummage for a wing that fits so its back to sanding and beating and welding and sanding and hoping the rain stays off and the wind drops and i can get it orange before the day is out. 8-)

June 7th, 2011, 1:32 pm
Firing on two.

Is now totally legal.
MOT today which was a worry as its nearly 40 miles to the old station and didn't want to risk it.
So new tester now knows how to MOT 2cvs, let me take part in the test after he nearly drove it through a fence by getting 2nd instead of reverse.

After emission and brake test commented " bloody 'ell wish the moderns did that well"

Advisory as id not done up the trackrod ends but had a good old discussion about kingpins when he had me looking for the play id commented its a bit odd me, the customer, trying to find fail points on my test! where he responded with "see its like this- if your honest with me ill reward you , try and take me for a c**nt and you'll know all about it"

He has a fleet of 3 wheel Reliants including a liveried van with beacons etc .....so sense of humour too.

Insurance was FJ who covered both of us driving both cars with breakdown and euro cover agreed value of the orange one at £4000, all for £150-sorry youngsters you probably pay that a month.

Now just have to do the trackrod ends properly ajust the suspension as its settled a bit after the first shakedown. Then get the interior sorted out.

June 11th, 2011, 1:55 pm
Firing on two.

Wish I was paying £150 with FJ. I'll be 40 in a little over a month from now and my renewal is due on the 1st of July.....£236 :shock: Full licence since June '90, last ' at fault' claim was July '93, last 'other bastard' claim over ten years ago, car garaged in a very good area, second car, UK/Euro breakdown cover, with agreed value of £6000. Will give them a ring next week and tell 'em they're having a laugh, was £170 two years ago and currently £190.

June 11th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Firing on two.

DSC00220 by Sean602, on Flickr

DSC00229 by Sean602, on Flickr

June 11th, 2011, 10:43 pm
2CV Fan

It's come on a long way since I last saw it. Looking good. :)

June 11th, 2011, 11:04 pm
Firing on two.

ooh just realised that it went for an MOT without having the engine actually bolted to the front cross member :shock:

:lol: just as well i dont do it for a living

June 12th, 2011, 8:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next