View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 RDP 104Y the wife's new wheels 

Post RDP 104Y the wife's new wheels
hi folks
this is what i have managed to "convert" the wife into "classic" motoring with:
i have trying for some time to get her to take the plunge and get her out of her beloved C1's!
she bought it in a reasonable condition but are far far from getting it mint at this stage :roll:
the car i believe is not new to the site as a certain someone used to own it ;)
i could do with advice on the suspension next as the better half loves the slammed look so i would like to know which shocks and bits to get organised for the job (bearing in mind i won't be doing the work but most likely the nice people at 2CV City in Bradford)
not sure whether the full slam will be appropriate due to the amount of speed bumps near us but again please advice :)
also want advice on how to make the most out of the engine performance wise :roll:
i prefer older cars having just sold this
and before that
speak soon

October 29th, 2012, 10:56 pm
Aircooled Idiot

Post Re: RDP 104Y the wife's new wheels
2cv city...

Good luck.

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 29th, 2012, 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

That aside. Nice car!!!

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 29th, 2012, 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Save the car and you money and do it yerself !
its not like the VW scene where you need all that expensive (Crap) gear to lower the car all you need is a 9mm spanner!

Have a read up about it on various threads on this site - take advice on people who actually know how to screw the car together ( rather than screwing the owners as nice little niche market)

if you go really low then having the fixed geometry of the front suspension arms re done makes it easier to drive Russ, Paul atTower Citroen NES (and Me) are just a few with the jigs to do it ( Russ does a really nice weld with his megabucks welding kit at work.

However i bet the slammed and narrowed look is now passe and itll be back to high ride heights - set the suspension up right on that car and you wont believe what a fab ride it is - your prospective experts dont have a terribly good history in that respect and certainly read up about their chassis on here before they tell you have to have one of theirs!

Just saying an all ;)

October 30th, 2012, 9:51 am
Aircooled Idiot

Perspective experts :lol:

There like an episode of cowboy builders.

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 30th, 2012, 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

classic car rescue?

October 30th, 2012, 10:33 am
Aircooled Idiot

Nah. Classic car rescue arent quite that bad. Bad but not as bad

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 30th, 2012, 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

As Sean said

Save yaself a load of cash and do it yaself..

Probably only take an hour tops, just need some level ground, a 9mm spanner a measure of some kind and a decent jack..and wind it down a few inches, I've had a load of dyanes over the years and most of them have struggled to get over speed humps, and they were all ok ish!!
Again as sean says you can do it properly if you really want to go downnnnnnn, redrill the arms, stiffer springs, decent shocks stuff like that, Then ya talking hundreds of pounds....As long as you Go to the right people!!!! ;)

I know mines a bit different being a frankinstein of a car, look in A series under LGY 275P rises again" and you can see what I have done, its a be different being an Ami super Chassis, But the front is on the bump stops and the back is getting there, I did take the whole car apart and did it then which was much easier..

I did fit the longer Suspension tie rod end eye, Longer by 25mm than standard £12 each from Ecas and Fitted Gaz adjusterable shocks at far to much money!!! :o
I know it probably doen't look very low (well the front maybe a bit) but I can only just get my foot under the chassis at the front, and for some reason the steering is as light as a feather, which is nice..

Good luck in whatever you choose, but do read some of the threads on here before doing anything and find the "right" people to do the right job!!

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

If you don't play the game, don't make the fecking rules..

October 30th, 2012, 10:50 pm
Firing on two.

Only picture I could find in 7 or so mintues, sure Neil has better ones, of how low he use to have the beast!!

Does look nice and I bet it only took him a few mins!! :)

Attachments:
LittleandLarge-1.jpg
LittleandLarge-1.jpg [ 60.13 KiB | Viewed 6773 times ]

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

If you don't play the game, don't make the fecking rules..
October 30th, 2012, 11:01 pm

interesting comments about the folk up at bradford but so far for what they have done i thought they were okay as garages go having had kingpins done as one example for £!00 which i thought was a "decent" price inc parts :)
they are handy too for some bits as only a half hour drive away.

i'm not sure whether the wife wants to go low low so by just by putting some new standard shocks on as these are getting weak and just lowering by say 50% will be okay for now?
only thing i can think of as a problem though is that when you lower "normal" cars you can still have stiffer / greater poundage springs on rear to counter act having weight of people in the back - but what happens with these?

what about improving performance via modifications etc?
does everyone use a lead replacement of some kind with unleaded fuel or do people just use standard 95 ron or pay bit more and go for 97-99 ron as per spec of engine?
had looked at a few "inline" aftermarket fuel add ons like "fuelcat" or do none of these actually work?

OH - where do we get new window seals from as most have a slight leak but especially the tailgate - and also through tailgate lock i think via rubber seal.

any one near manchester on the forum especially the people you have mentioned to help with suspension?

speak soon ;)

October 31st, 2012, 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next