View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 1989 Blue Celeste "Daisy" 
Post 1989 Blue Celeste "Daisy"
I thought it about time I started a thread on Mrs Spanners car which has now been "languishing" in my mates Godfathers bodyshop now since 1998!

To cut a long story short, Rachael bought Daisy in 1994 after her 12 month old Fiat Panda was written off. She started going to 2CVGB local group meetings and attended the WASPS camp at Bewdley Rugby Club in June 1995 which is where we met!

In May 1996, we used Daisy as our wedding car (on the way to the register office on the Saturday morning, Rachael was still scraping oil from under her nails after we'd had to do an emergency engine change on the Thursday evening!) and we had our "Honeymoon" at the WASPS camp at Shell Island before heading up to Yorkshire and finishing up at the CCC Northern Section camp at Wetherby.

After a couple of years as daily transport, we were finally in a position to be able to take Daisy of the road for a bit of a tidy up as she'd had a badly repaired rump previously.

So, after she was used on the 2CVGB stand at the May 1998 NEC Classic Car Show, we stripped her completely and dropped her at Johhny Ps where we told him "There's no rush, take your time".

I'm sure there's many of you that have said things you really regret? It could be "I do", it could be, "yeah, I'll have that, looks good" or it could be (Russ) "I'll have a little punt on that van, I'll get outbid"! For us, it was definately "There's no rush"!

It's our 15th anniversary in May so, we're finally laying down the law after 13 years of pestering, Rachael has gone to give him notice of legal action if he doesn't get his arse into gear!

Now, photos of Daisy are thin on the ground (digitally) as I certainly didn't have any kind of digital camera way back then and my scanner's buggered so, they'll mostly have to wait until we get her back and start the reassembly process in (hopefully) a few weeks.......

The only photo we do have :cry:

February 17th, 2011, 2:43 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1989 Blue Celeste "Daisy"
And a nice photo it is too.

No offence is implied or intended with any of my posts. I love you all, well most of you anyway.

February 17th, 2011, 2:48 pm
602 wrote:

With Mrs and Mummy Spanners in it.

February 17th, 2011, 2:49 pm
Firing on two.

I recognise the lady in yellow [your mum]. How come?

No offence is implied or intended with any of my posts. I love you all, well most of you anyway.

February 17th, 2011, 2:51 pm
Firing on two.

spanners wrote:
602 wrote:

With Mrs and Mummy Spanners in it.

and there was me about to ask which one was you!

February 17th, 2011, 3:20 pm
602 wrote:

Cheltenham 1985, Ripley '95, Uttoxeter '97, Worcester '98 (she was on the gate at times) Bicton '99 (on the gate again) Stanford Hall 2001 (we were on the comittee and gate etc etc) and most large CCC rallies from 1985 to about 2000?

February 17th, 2011, 3:59 pm
Firing on two.

602 wrote:

Sandy & Margery are well known faces, especially around the CCC.

February 17th, 2011, 4:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

spanners wrote:
602 wrote:

Cheltenham 1985, Ripley '95, Uttoxeter '97, Worcester '98 (she was on the gate at times) Bicton '99 (on the gate again) Stanford Hall 2001 (we were on the comittee and gate etc etc) and most large CCC rallies from 1985 to about 2000?

That'll be how then.

February 17th, 2011, 6:24 pm
Just gone through the pictures on my PC and found a couple I took in the back of Johnny Ps workshop 3 years ago-this is pretty much the state she's been in for the last 10 years-ish

Although we did get the doors back about 2 or 3 years ago!

Apparently (though I'll believe it when I see it) she'll be dug out of the corner by Saturday week.........

That'll probably coincide quite nicely with me winning the Euromillions then :lol:

February 17th, 2011, 8:27 pm
Firing on two.

That looks like a pretty nice shell. Does it just need painting or is it more involved than that?

February 18th, 2011, 3:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next