View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 1989 Blue Celeste "Daisy" 
Post Re: 1989 Blue Celeste "Daisy"
DA, that wasn't meant as a snap at you, sorry.

Old Nail, yes, I'll get my compressor fixed and get it painted. Of course, I may have to practice on the Ami first though. ;)

February 27th, 2011, 3:24 pm
Firing on two.

Absolutely no 'snap' registered at all, Spanners - no worries. And, now that I do have the full story - I agree with you!

Jeepers. That's ridiculous.

(It'll still look good when done... :) )

February 27th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Firing on two.

spanners wrote:
he's already paid for that and I've already spent the money years ago. Sod it

WTF?! I would go and get my money back.

O.T. alert:
Funny old story, from one of my earlier employers. It was a workshop for car electrics and all types of diesel engines. They had put some new diesel-injectors, a startermotor and some other bits in a BIG bulldozer-like thing, but didn't get payed for parts or labor. Stuff like this is expensive! After lot's of letters and so on, and still no money, he decided to take action. That no-paying c*** would not get away with it. One night during the weekend he and one employee drove up to the workplace and stripped the machine for the parts they had not get payed for.

Needles to say, the following Monday morning, all hell broke loose at the work site, as the machine was important. The no-paying customer rang my friend, and asked if he had been there and stolen the parts. My friend said he didn't know anything about that, but it so happened, he had a set of parts lying around that would be exactly what was missing for the machine! :lol:
The "customer" then threatened with lot's of legal actions and was mad as hell.
My friend then told him there was two ways to do this; The earlier customer could do what he was threating with, and the machine would not get operable in many many days, or the customer could pay my friend for the parts and the job he had previously done, AND pay him again for the work of putting them back in. The machine would then be operable again later that day. He would even give him a big discount on the parts this time :twisted:

He got his money. x2.

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

February 27th, 2011, 8:10 pm
Things are happening, allbeit slowly.

I went and filled my BX with panels last night and am going back toninght to fetch the bonnet and temporarilly fit the shell on the chassis ready for collection on Sunday! 8-)

Okay, so I've got to paint it myself but that's no biggy really-the hard work's been done for me, I hate the prep work! :lol:

I just had to work out where to put the panels when I got home, that garage is full of Ami. Hmmmm, aha-the Discovery, having failed its MOT in spectacular fashion is sitting on the drive without a job to do......

The biggest problem with putting everything in the Disco is the tailgate will not open from the outside and I've made the inner handle impossible to get at. So, I'm either going to have to smash the lock off from the outside or put the rear window through when I want to retrieve the parts. Doh :oops:

March 17th, 2011, 9:17 am
Firing on two.

Ive got some Green Paint lying around :D

March 17th, 2011, 9:33 am
Firing on two.

Why does the site of those unpainted panels have me thinking 'Oh lovely' 8-)

March 17th, 2011, 11:15 am
Profile WWW
The bonnet's home now too so just the shell and chassis to come now........

March 17th, 2011, 9:23 pm
Firing on two.

Have you got a roof rack for the Disco.....you could put the body shell there !!

March 17th, 2011, 9:31 pm
Firing on two.

Simon Crook wrote:
Ive got some Green Paint lying around :D

I've got some midnight blue, it could look rather fetching.......

March 17th, 2011, 10:27 pm
Firing on two.

Lumaca green! (engine running in testbed?)

March 18th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next