View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Less of two Evils !!! 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Less of two Evils !!!
;) your a right fruit and nut certainly make me laugh :P

...Betsy...............Ellie...............Molly

April 12th, 2009, 10:36 pm
Profile YIM
Firing on two.

Squeezebox wrote:
OK...Ok...I got the Plums and Cuss started, I even washed it....but it dont do it for me.

They are both Evil....so gonna get rid of both of them.

London 2 Brighton will thereore be in my Boo....tho its highly unlikely I will get it finished as its kind of a mess at the moment....but a deadline is a good thing....weld...weld...weld...

If I dont get it done I will go to the camp in my VW and hide in the bushes....

Reckon Ive got my work cut out here.....

Yippee !!! Its raining here today !!!

So I can not get out and do the fencing or rendering or bricklaying....

....far too wet !

Day off from work

So Ive had six hours today welding and Ive finished all the main bits on the B Boo ! (in that I will do the bonnet hinge another time cause Im seriously pushing this for L 2 B....Gaffer tape it is !...it will never get done !!)

Im not posting pics with all that debate on the bodgery thread !...I dont profess to be a welder and this car is only for me to hack around in, its not for sale and....just need it structually safe... I reckon it is, new front floors made from 2mm plate, complete new inner and outer bulkhead, and all the other bits of brown crumbly stuff chopped out and replaced. Its not at all original, its a shed. But I am going to go original as far as possible on one of the Jade ones, my next project when this is MOted.

If Russ ever gets bored and has a spare moment, I would be interested to know more about spot welding as per the original ...ie. replacing floors, sills etc as close to the original. Would like to try this next time.
So off now to chuck it back on its side and squirt black gunky stuff over the bottem and fill the cavities with Dynitrol (Phil McCavity ??) and or Waxoil, Lard, or anything else I find in the garage.

After that, time to bolt it all back together.

April 17th, 2009, 5:02 pm
Field Plougher

just convert d*llys on the registraton document it says that my yellow ones a d*lly

April 17th, 2009, 5:23 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Back in Black
Well....

the B Boo (which will loose its Bamboo stickers and just become a plain green job)...has finally had all welding done....I have removed all cruddy bits and new has gone in. I then painted it in Red Oxide....cause I had some....after that went off I did a load of Gravitex stone chip stuff and then did a load of Dinitrol in the internal box bits. Just now come in from spraying fun with the Schutz gun....

.....dont care how rubbish it is above water level.....its now solid and sorted for the first six inches !

L2B....is looking quite unlikely in this....but hey....Im giving it my best shot....

Attachments:
Black.JPG
Black.JPG [ 58.29 KiB | Viewed 3716 times ]

April 18th, 2009, 6:49 pm
Firing on two.

Whats wrong with that? Its a good job :)

April 18th, 2009, 9:48 pm
Profile YIM
Firing on two.

Thanks, Im pleased with what Ive done.....but the doors, wings, general above water line, bodywork are really quite poor....still....I knew that to start with and Im just making the basics good...

thanks bud for encouragement !

April 18th, 2009, 11:07 pm
2CV Fan

Very nice, I have one that looks rather like your earlier pic, maybe worse. It's been like that since I 'started' the rebuild in 1997.

April 19th, 2009, 2:10 am
Firing on two.

Well a lovelly Sunny day here, and therefore time to annoy the neighbours and spend it on the drive shifting big bits of A series !

...they mow lawns and clean their cars....I grind and weld and scrape green bits of 2CV over concrete......oh...how they love me !!!

Got the chassis together and with some initial concerns about the rear axels/swing arms in the rust department, realised there was no actual debate....I hadnt any better ones anyway !. So a serious scrape and wire brush and a couple of coats of Smoooooothright....oh sexy paint !

They will have to do at the mo, and will replace when I find something better....time is after all of the essence here and whilst they are not great, will do.

So new fuel guage fitted, four brand new shocks, new galvi chassis, new front to back brake pipe (and also have both other brake pipes ready to be replaced), finally with a heave ho....the body shell was plonked on.....
.....but bugger....those bodyshells are a bit heavy when you have to lift them onto a chassis on your own....but I am an old man.

......and by jove.....it fitted and all bolt holes lined up a teat.....I mean treat !

This is going worryingly well....!!!!

I actually stand a chance of getting everything done next week and see what Mr MOT man says the week after....bloody hell !!! Ive suprised myself.

SORRY ....PICS IN WRONG ORDER.....Opps

But hey....this old Boo might just yet make it to the camp at L2B.....I D*lly well am giving it my best snot....I mean shot !!

Attachments:
Boo2.JPG
Boo2.JPG [ 63.5 KiB | Viewed 3643 times ]
Boo1.JPG
Boo1.JPG [ 98.61 KiB | Viewed 3643 times ]

April 19th, 2009, 9:50 pm
Firing on two.

Good job, well done

April 19th, 2009, 9:58 pm
Profile YIM