View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 12th, 2024, 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Less of two Evils !!! 
Firing on two.

Post Less of two Evils !!!
OK Here goes...

As you can see I currently am down to only five 2CVs. Two years ago I had these very same cars, plus another plums and custard, plus a Dyane and plus an Ami 8. At one time I did get to 12 A series.....so the 5 I now have seem a modest collection.

Anyway the sad bit is none of them have MOTs, or even start....and despite being into 2CVs for 25 years I have only ever been to one camp about 5 years ago.

This year I want to change all that and have been trying to do all the work on the Bamboo, Ive built up the new chassis but have been so busy the welding to the bodyshell is way behind.

There is now no way I can sort this by London 2 Brighton. So I thought I would just find another legal car and very tempted by a certain other Bamboo, but realise its only a service and check over to get either the red/white or plums and custard on the road.

......thing is I dont like Dollys......EEEEAAAAKK....sorry...you D*lly owners dont take it personal....after owning most types of A series and most colour schemes I realise I have finally settled on only 2CVs and plain colours or charlstons !

So its the less of two evils for me...plums and custard or red and white....Ive not had a 2CV on the road for all this time cause I dont like the colour of the very two I have in useable condition....What a silly boy I am...

...So Im going for the plums and Cuss.....started to clean it then reckon I might whip the bodyshell off the crappy Suzuki my mate has parked on my drive and stick that running gear under the 2CV bodyshell.....ha....thats a cheap 4x4 !!

PS - If you wonder why I have at least two cars I dont drive cause I dont like the colours....I dont know either....they both just ended up here.....and will eventually be sold or maybe swapped.....so anyone wanting a Plums and Cuss then I would be up for swaps at London to Brighton.
Attachment:
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 55.63 KiB | Viewed 5433 times ]

Attachments:
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 51.04 KiB | Viewed 5419 times ]

April 11th, 2009, 9:27 pm
super slot

Post Re: Less of two Evils !!!
there's at least 2 dutch cars on the old type suzuki jeep (sj/samurai) chassis!

April 11th, 2009, 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Well actually I did have a crawl underneath it and wondered what the fesability was....

April 11th, 2009, 9:43 pm
Firing on two.

I am looking for a 2cv project so if you are willing to sell any of them let me know but i cannot make it to the run and would have to get someone to get one down to cornwall. Can you let me know which ones you may sell or are selling and upload some pictures of them please. :)

...Betsy...............Ellie...............Molly

April 11th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Profile YIM
Firing on two.

Hi,

None are actually for sale....just a desparate panic to get one on the road.

I will make one good jade from the two off them and that I want to keep and in the meantime will have to hack around in the P & C ....will sweap that with anyone for something else as long as it is up and running....a red spesh is top of my list....so we could talk swaps via PM

Red and White will be for sale, but Im gonna make it well sorted first as its only 18K, one owner and Ive a shed full of new bits for it....so it will be sold as a total rebuild ....errm....when its totally rebuilt !

So as I say....a Plums and Custard up for swaps !

April 11th, 2009, 10:16 pm
Firing on two.

Ok not to worrie just i'm looking for for a project to do like our little beast (the red one) which won't be up for sale or swops as we have done loads to it and rather attached to her being our only 2cv which brings us summer fun with the hood back. There are pictures on this site of the car and what we have done and by far she is'nt perfect like some i have seen. ;)

April 11th, 2009, 10:42 pm
Profile YIM
Firing on two.

Good for you....enjoy her...

Enjoy the sun !

April 11th, 2009, 10:53 pm
Firing on two.

What little we get in cornwall ;)

April 11th, 2009, 11:26 pm
Profile YIM
Firing on two.

You're not supposed to like d*llies, they're for girls. Get yourself down B&Q for a 4" brush and a pot of red gloss, jobs a good un. Don't fancy doing it yourself? go along to L to B with a selection of brushes and colours, you'll get plenty of volunteers, what could go wrong?

(edit; D*lly D*lly D*lly, :lol: :lol: You're right russ I hadn't realised that, I've been putting the '*' in myself)

Last edited by Joolz on April 12th, 2009, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2009, 11:30 pm
Firing on two.

There's a reason you can't type the word 'D*lly' on this website...

April 11th, 2009, 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next