View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
 Olive the Blueberries & Cream D*lly 
Aircooled Idiot

Post Re: Olive the Blueberries & Cream D*lly
when we are all free

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

May 14th, 2011, 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Eastbourne 2cv6 wrote:
So we are escalating from the quiet water's of the river to the rolling seas? Still sounds like fun. Which begs the question:
Top Jack Tar's of all time?
1/ Captain Pugwash
2/ Captain Birdseye
3/ Horatio Hornblower
4/ Popeye
5/ Nelson

OK - We appear to have stolen dear "Olives" thread here.

I am not at all sure who Mr Eastbourne is refering to, but as "squeezebox" I must of course take up the need to play the Captin Pugwash tune .....on my squeezebox.... the rest of you can fight for the other names, but I see no one has the role of "Seamen Stains" yet...

....and of course the idea was to get the boats out at inland and not sea side.....but hey I will go with it ....as long as James knows what he is doing.

May 16th, 2011, 1:53 pm
Firing on two.

BTW

Seems an appropriate place and time to post, so I will.

Mr and Mrs Eastbourne are now proud parents of a smaller version of themselves.

(apparantly its called a baby...?...)

.....watch out....questions about "baby seats" and "child safety".....comming this way !!!

Seriously though....best wishes and congratulations to you both (three?)

Anyone got any ideas about turning a 2CV upside down and using it as a pram ?

;)

May 16th, 2011, 2:00 pm
Firing on two.

Thank you Squeeezebox.

After much waiting (about nine months as you’d expect) my boy finally arrived Saturday 14th May via caesarean section, all six pounds of him. Very proud of him I am too. This last week has been a crash course in insomnia and grim patience as we get into the rhythm of feeding, burping, nappy changing and sleeping. Whilst taking another trip to Mothercare (in my modern daily driver) to stock up on all the gubbins you need I passed a Morris Minor Tourer, the driver had a massive grin on his face, bastard I thought, I should be out in fun car too.

So a little trip to Afriston was planned, but first I had to get the baby seat fitted to the 2cv’s front seat (rear lap belts no use), a very tight fit, you have to have the seat slid right back. Then I had to fit the Land-Rover-of-a-pram into Olive’s back passage.
A very snug fit but at least it goes in. I was worried the little A series would be too impractical for all the modern bulky equipment a baby comes with. Silly really as I’m sure the car was built for the farmer, his wife, five peasant children, piglets on the dash board, and a boot full of wine and cheese!

The Tye at Alfriston: ‘the Cathedral of the South Downs.’
Some of us remember our first ride in a 2cv; I suspect he will not remember his, so my wife has taken a picture for him.

Last edited by Eastbourne 2cv6 on May 23rd, 2011, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 23rd, 2011, 11:44 am
Firing on two.

Thats lovely :D Congrats Ben!

Must admit, your wife hid it well, I'd never have guessed she was pregnant when we met!

Congrats again! :D

May 23rd, 2011, 12:14 pm
Firing on two.

Yes,congratulations and best wishes to you all.Sleepless nights ahead,but its worth it

May 23rd, 2011, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Sam, the wife will be pleased you said that. She only had a small belly bump, the baby is quite small as result.

Dave I've never been so tired in all my life. Watching Jack Bauer's adventures on telly in 24 looks like an easy life to me now :lol:

May 23rd, 2011, 9:00 pm
Firing on two.

The most amazing thing is that the statistical age of Eastbourne is currently reduced for a few short moments ! :lol:

May 23rd, 2011, 9:34 pm
Firing on two.

Everything has come to a halt this week, literally. During a nice run in the country my wife complained of noises coming from somewhere. I pulled over to check my wheels were still firmly attached, as I’ve just recently replaced two tyres and one wheel, so now 135s all round (Toyos front Mabors rear) resulting in smoother handling. The Michelins will have to wait until either their price comes down or my wages go up.

Once I got back to the house and reversing the car into the garage, I could hear metal rubbing upon metal. The sound was coming from the nearside rear wheel. I went to touch the hub cap and it was very hot to touch. Balls! This is going to be more than tightening some wheel nuts up.

So today I jacked the car up for a closer look. I took the wheel off.

I took the hub nut dust cap of which has been severely rogered at some stage.

Now previous experience tells me that the hub should turn freely in my hand, right? I had to grip the hub with both hands and give it a stiff turn to move it at all. The hub is pretty much stuck.

So my question is:
A/ Are the brakes stuck on?
Or
B/ has the bearing seized?

July 2nd, 2011, 11:14 pm
Firing on two.

I would think the most likely thing is the brake.

I understand that the lining sometimes become detached from the shoe.

You'll obviously have to take the hub off anyway so you can check both the bearing and the brake.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

July 2nd, 2011, 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next