View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 1966 RHD belgian built AZL, UK supplied 
Firing on two.

Post 1966 RHD belgian built AZL, UK supplied
Right, here it is in all its glory. It has a few minor issues, but given an understanding MOT tester it will Still fail :o

It actually goes really well, providing of course it's strapped to the back of a turbo charged Volvo.

The car is Belgian built and supplied in the UK. Apparently for some bizarre reason 7 (?) 2CVs were imported into the UK in 1966 and sold through the dealer network, but to be honest I can find no info on them at the moment. I have no idea why I bought this, I can't afford it I don't have the space and I love it!

Here it is in all its glory, strapped to the back opf the afore mentioned Volvo.

It even brought along its friends to come live with me.....

It's RHD, the choke and starter are marked C and S respectively. S id of course the choke on a French car.

Joseph Lucas Price of Darkness rear lights, the number plate lights are Rubbolite. The headlights have been half inched :evil:

The chassis has some minor issues, I think a bit of seam sealer will see it right though :lol:

Strange hoopsainside the rear wings

Belgian door trim panels

Note the odd wing rubbers

All the electrical; connectores are different from a French car

Anyone know a good, cheap psychiatrist?

May 25th, 2010, 10:06 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1966 RHD belgian built AZL, UK supplied
;) sweet!

May 25th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Firing on two.

Nice one :D The reason for those imports in '66 is because Sweden went from driving on God's side of the road, to the Devil's side of the road, so Swedish market cars were shipped to Heaven(UK).

May 25th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Firing on two.

Jonathan wrote:
Nice one :D The reason for those imports in '66 is because Sweden went from driving on God's side of the road, to the Devil's side of the road, so Swedish market cars were shipped to Heaven(UK).

I seriously doubt that. The Swedes didn't switch until 1967 and they drove LHD cars. All the old Swedish cars left on the road from pre '67 are LHD pretty much without exception.

May 25th, 2010, 10:15 pm
super slot

That's awesome!! How did you get to hear about it? I notice that it was registered down this neck of the woods.

May 25th, 2010, 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Seriously nice car 8-) I've heard rumours that a few rhd 2cvs were made in the 60s, but I've never seen any info in books/on the net on them, let alone a photo :o Amazing... whats it's story?

May 25th, 2010, 10:25 pm
Firing on two.

Neil wrote:
That's awesome!! How did you get to hear about it? I notice that it was registered down this neck of the woods.

I found it by accident when I was looking at something else. It was just sitting there and I tough Wow.

I'm debating with myself what to do with it. It is way too rusty to just patch up and run for a while. It's original chassis is beyond sensible repair. It hasn't broken but it is terminally rotten. It needs everything doing.

May 25th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Firing on two.

It's gotta be worth doing though, hasn't it? It's ultra-rare and very very cool.

May 25th, 2010, 10:28 pm
Firing on two.

twofifty AZU wrote:
It's original chassis is beyond sensible repair. It hasn't broken but it is terminally rotten.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find a solid '60s chassis in France. What's the shell like?

It is _gorgeous_.

May 25th, 2010, 10:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

james2cv wrote:
Seriously nice car 8-) I've heard rumours that a few rhd 2cvs were made in the 60s, but I've never seen any info in books/on the net on them, let alone a photo :o Amazing... whats it's story?

There is supposed to be a history file, but it hasn't been found yet. Apparently it was sold through the dealer network in '66. There is correspondence, I'm told, between the original owner and Citroen in Slough because the car was sold as having a 602 engine but it is actually a 425. It is down on its logbook as a 600 but it still has its originasl engine. I gues it was sols as a AZAM it is actually a AZL. I don't really know what it is, the thing is just weird :lol:

May 25th, 2010, 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next