View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 1979 Jaune Mimosa 2CV 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1979 Jaune Mimosa 2CV
you get water in the seals

December 14th, 2014, 12:46 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Don't know how many times I've found heater and demist tubes destroyed by jet washing, but it's quite a few. :roll:
Not the best of ideas on the oil cooler either...

December 14th, 2014, 3:32 pm
Firing on two.

I've always found petrol to be very effective for cleaning crap off an engine. Only drawbacks are that you have to be careful about collecting and disposing of the waste, and not trying to clean the engine while it's hot!

December 14th, 2014, 3:53 pm
Firing on two.

Oil cooler doesn't matter I've got a new one. When you say seals, front and rear crank seals? I intended to change them too.

December 14th, 2014, 6:56 pm
Firing on two.

you don't point the jet on seals and other "fragile" parts of course. The high pressure might get the water through the seal gaps into the engine. So it isn't the seal that might be damaged but the engine..
I always cleaned the oilcooler from rear to front but the last time it crumbled like tin foil. The metal seemed to be eaten away by years of salt on the roads.

December 15th, 2014, 9:15 am
Firing on two.

I haven't done much to this but I did alright over Christmas with a couple of jobs that came off nice and profitable and a decent bonus for being employee of the century at work so as soon as ECAS is open for business again I'll order all the shite I need to get it back on its wheels. Namely those pricey as fuck arm bearings and rear brake components, I could also do with a set of front wheel bearings too.

Has anybody out there ever tiled a garage or workbench area? What kind of grout do I need to use? Surely the stuff you use for kitchens and bathrooms just attracts dirt and grease and grime? That's what I'm trying to avoid on the brickwork in my garage.

December 31st, 2014, 1:04 am
Haggis Muncher

I'm sure the floor of Keza's workshop is tiled... PM him?

December 31st, 2014, 2:29 am
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:

Has anybody out there ever tiled a garage or workbench area? What kind of grout do I need to use? Surely the stuff you use for kitchens and bathrooms just attracts dirt and grease and grime? That's what I'm trying to avoid on the brickwork in my garage.

epoxy grout but its expensive and difficult to work with, mapei comes close for its lack of porosity get Gris Cemento as it has a higher ballast than the rest of them - the more sand ballast the greater the wear properties

Personally id not tile a garage/workstation its hard on your feet and prone to damage. Plus youll have trouble wheeling anything round on a jack. polished cement for the garage rubber matting for the work bench area. seal the cement floor with on of the sealers to reduce the staining or dust.

If you really must tile get the hardest tile possible - Porcelain non glazed and you have to be carefull that the tile adhesive is suitable and you have over 75% coverage or the tiles may crack/pop. Some of the adhesive manufacturers make an adhesive specifically for car showrooms/ garages. if you pop down to the local diy shed for some kitchen tiles and some tub adhesive youll regret your expensive mistake.

December 31st, 2014, 10:00 pm
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
Oh, James Wallace, have you lost an 11mm socket?

If that's the engine I think it is, I did lose an 11mm socket somewhere on that car... :roll:

January 1st, 2015, 12:40 am
Aircooled Idiot

adam_d wrote:
Russell wrote:
Oh, James Wallace, have you lost an 11mm socket?

If that's the engine I think it is, I did lose an 11mm socket somewhere on that car... :roll:

Missed that post

Must be Adams!!

Russ i agree with sean, itll look spanking until you crack a tile!

Id just paint it, the offer still stands with the supply of some paint!

Painted floors dont stay looking too good for long but you can wipe oil spills up easily, and one coat of paint and it looks new again!!

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

January 1st, 2015, 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next