View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 2cv AZM3 1963 

Post 2cv AZM3 1963
Hello Everyone,

I'm from Bruges, western part of Belgium. Last year I sold my black 2cv6 spécial and bought a '63 to replace it.

It's a Belgium built AZM3. It only drove for 4 or 5 years, then it's been put aside. It only has 36000km (as proves the maintenance leaflet). The outside has some traces of use (by a nun), but the interior is as good as new. It has a lot of specific belgian parts and I'm more than keen to get started with the restauration of it (no welding has to be done, so that'll spare me a lot of time and work)

For the moment it's at a garage to renew all brake parts and to prepare the engine for my summer trip to Czechia. Might meet some of you there I expect.

I'll post some pics right away...

March 25th, 2009, 8:31 pm
Beard

Post Re: 2cv AZM3 1963
Hi wiebe, thankyou for posting.

I would say its a good swap. Get some pictures up for our viewing pleasure.

Max,

http://www.rollingonfour.co.uk

March 25th, 2009, 8:36 pm
Firing on two.

Wiebe wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm from Bruges, western part of Belgium. Last year I sold my black 2cv6 spécial and bought a '63 to replace it.

It's a Belgium built AZM3. It only drove for 4 or 5 years, then it's been put aside. It only has 36000km (as proves the maintenance leaflet). The outside has some traces of use (by a nun), but the interior is as good as new. It has a lot of specific belgian parts and I'm more than keen to get started with the restauration of it (no welding has to be done, so that'll spare me a lot of time and work)

For the moment it's at a garage to renew all brake parts and to prepare the engine for my summer trip to Czechia. Might meet some of you there I expect.

I'll post some pics right away...

Hi!

Welcome here. Looking forward to seeing the pics. Sounds like you have a tidy car if it needs no welding, should make an easy restoration, I'm looking forward to seeing it in Czech! Do you have all the specific parts? I'd imagine they are hard to find.

I love Bruges, by the way, One of my favourite places to go for a day out.

March 25th, 2009, 8:38 pm

Just to give a quick impression. More pics you can find here: http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/ ... M3%201963/ (then click on the 4 menus on the left)

@ Russell: the car is as complete as it possibly can be, so the restauration shouldn't take that long. But that's planned for after the summer. You're welcome to come over if you're in Bruges again.

March 25th, 2009, 8:54 pm
Firing on two.

Wiebe wrote:

@ Russell: the car is as complete as it possibly can be, so the restauration shouldn't take that long. But that's planned for after the summer. You're welcome to come over if you're in Bruges again.

Jesus wept! That's so clean inside it's unreal! When i bought my Ami6 it had an inch of dust and sand each side of the floor mats! Well done on finding such a nice car.

I think that must be one of my favourite models, the 5 rib bonnet, suicide doors, narrow headlamp bar and flat rear panel, that's about the peak of 2cv asthetics i reckon. Looking forward to seeing it in Czech!, and as for the invite, thanks! I might well take you up on it ;)

Russ.

March 25th, 2009, 8:59 pm
super slot

Hey Wiebe,

thanks for taking the time to join up & post pictures... WOW!! that is absolutely amazing, what a great find. 8-)

March 25th, 2009, 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

Some NEW rear lights I found at a A-market in Gemert (NL) a week ago

March 30th, 2009, 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]