View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Spanners new friend 8 
Post Re: Spanners new friend 8
I wouldn't recommend who I use, ask me again towards the end of May! :lol:

March 9th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Firing on two.

Just read this whole thing.

FANTASTIC....I find it SO inspiring to see all these re-build threads here...especially as I am just about to start one of my own.

This is really just great to see...welding, grinding (not sure about the finger pics !!!...see if I can do more blood when I start mine!!....certainly sweat and tears!!!)....

All the stuff sorted, serviced, back together...

Running....

Insured....and then off it trotts for an MOT...(err are you not an MOT inspector?....so I dont need to cross my fingers for you do I ?)

..another one back on the road....

One of the best bits of this whole site is seeing cars like this (and Old-Nails and Lennys...and all the others...etc...) being taken into garages at home, sorted out and fixed up again by real folk in the traditional manner. This to me reminds me of how people should keep cars on the road....its bloody brillient and captures the real essence of owning something totally restorable and practically drivable like an A series.

...gone all sentimental now !!

Enjoyed this very much, thank you for sharing Spanners....await more updates with great anticipation of it being road legal.

Nice One !! ;)

March 10th, 2011, 2:43 am
Firing on two.

He's an MOT examiner and actually gets somebody else to MOT his cars :o :lol:

March 10th, 2011, 10:42 pm
Jonathan wrote:
He's an MOT examiner and actually gets somebody else to MOT his cars :o :lol:

It's true sometimes, yes I do. In the case of my Discovery, if I'd MOTd it myself and passed it, I could've kissed my licence goodbye! 2 fail sheets and 2 advisory sheets was the result of being a good boy but I'd rather it was like that than just thinking sod it!

Anyway, done a bit of tinkering this week and trying to tackle the ugly bits on the roof-French bodges are the best! :twisted:

Once I got in there with the emery etc, I found most of the 5mm thick filler was just covering pitted metal and not holes so, an attack with the wire brush on the angle grinder, followed by a skim of filler then some paint and it looks a whole lot better now.

Or, to put it another way, from this

To this

I'll be fitting all the new seatbelts tomorrow then attempting to tackle the front of the roof-really not a pretty sight! :cry:

I can see me paying Viking another visit at some point and having the roof off him that he kindly offered me when I fetched the Ami. Oh well, who needs an excuse to visit Brittany anyway? 8-)

March 12th, 2011, 12:28 am
Firing on two.

So lost track here,

Is it now MOTed ?

March 12th, 2011, 5:55 am
Squeezebox wrote:
So lost track here,

Is it now MOTed ?

No, not yet-I'm on the final push for the MOT and just tidying a few things up before I take it.

I always like it when I see reasonably well turned out cars for MOT so hopefully the guy testing the Ami will play nicely if present a half tidy car too...

March 12th, 2011, 8:35 am
Firing on two.

Is that POLISH I see too :shock:

March 12th, 2011, 9:34 am
Simon Crook wrote:
Is that POLISH I see too :shock:

Oops, yes :oops:

March 12th, 2011, 9:52 am
viking bastard

spanners wrote:
I can see me paying Viking another visit at some point and having the roof off him that he kindly offered me when I fetched the Ami. Oh well, who needs an excuse to visit Brittany anyway? 8-)

You....!!!

It is still waiting for you. :P

March 12th, 2011, 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Fantastic thread I will be rereading this on the days when there is no light at the end of my tunnel.
I have just got to the stage where the sill is off and a big chunk of the EDIT Floor (Not Pan) too.
No point bracing mine though cos there was nothing holding it there anyway.
anyway fantastic Thread, thanks for pointing me towards it,Its great to hear from someone whos "been there Maan"

Last edited by Mr Unhinged on October 7th, 2012, 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

October 6th, 2012, 9:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next