View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Brum :) 

Post Re: Finished my project !
haha ! i totally miss read that lol i wish i had paid attention at school rather than staring at girls in short skirts!
yea i ended up turning mine 10mm forward, i agree steering is 100% lighter ! feels like it got power steering lol !
i don't dare put mine any lower as i have what can only be described as a small mountain to over to get onto works carpark lol

on my door cards i used pva glue but obs no good if its getting wet, i suppose you could lacquer over the comics to make them weather proof ? ill have a think up and see if i can think of a weather proof solution
my comics are 2000AD and a kid pisses himself on one haha !

cheers, glad u like it :)
i got some new little vintage spot lights to put on as the blue looks abit weird i think anyway lol!

Attachments:
IMG_0750.jpg
IMG_0750.jpg [ 823.64 KiB | Viewed 1855 times ]
May 30th, 2012, 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

JamieW wrote:
I take it that's Tony's old car? looking good but where's that rather cool little roof rack.

i still got the roof rack i painted it black and put it on but looked strange ! yea thats tonys old car !
i had to replace the sills but left the wings as he did a really good job!
unfortunately i got in frame of mind i wanted it to be perfect so most of the body is new :roll:
floors sills window section lower bulkheads the bit under the rear seats (outside) rear door C sections and more
but i really enjoyed doing it !
hopefully tony will see it on here :)

May 30th, 2012, 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

10mm is a pretty serious amount to turn an arm, mine are only 7mm! I guess the kingpins are pretty much upright? Did you add any negative camber when you did it? I always like to wedge the bottom of the join open by around 3mm-5mm and close it flush at the top. In my mind (and I'm sure somebody who knows more than me will be along to tell me I'm an idiot) as I've virtually removed all the caster when the car's leaning into a corner the extra camber helps, my car is like it's on rails anyway. And if it doesn't help, it does make it look as cool as fuck.

May 30th, 2012, 9:08 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Brum :)
quote of the day..

"and if it doesn't help, it does make it look as cool as fuck"

brilliant!

Cuzzy, car looks great! Glad there are more lowered cars rolling around at the mo, wicked!

June 29th, 2012, 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3