View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Joyce, The 1981 Rouge Castille Dyane 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Joyce, The 1981 Rouge Castille Dyane
Emily wrote:
Dad reckons he can bodge it, using all manner of wizardry,

Any more news, Em?

June 17th, 2013, 9:19 pm
Firing on two.

I just threw up a little in my mouth, thanks Luke...

Nothing much to report really, just a few odds and ends, but I'm planning on going down the garage to assist/take pictures after work this week, so I'll try and do a proper update in the next few days

June 17th, 2013, 10:49 pm
Firing on two.

Well almost two month has passed since the last update to this thread - oops.

Things have happened though, oh yes they have. While I was in France/Spain/Andorra for the World Meeting, my dad has been working on Joyce, and she is now all put together :D and looking tidy. I've even driven her :D (believe me after three years of waiting it was a pretty good feeling)

Now this is the point where I should put pictures up, but on the way back from the World Meeting my camera decided it didn't want to work anymore, thanks Samsung :roll: , so I am awaiting the arrival of my new camera, at which point I shall take many a picture.

More importantly than all of this though, is that the MoT is booked for tomorrow, so I will spend all day at work tomorrow rocking backwards and forwards and biting my nails, and when I get home I will either be delighted or saddened.

Watch this space! :D

August 15th, 2013, 2:02 pm
super slot

Fingers crossed! (I'm sure it'll be fine) :)

August 15th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

MoT PASS :D

One advisory, on the windscreen, which has the effects of vandalism at her previous home on it (shot at with an air rifle ffs :( ) but as it's not in the eye line to much, it was all good.

I need to sort out some insurance for myself and I'll be all set :)

August 16th, 2013, 11:28 pm
Well Sketchy

Woohoo! :D

August 17th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Big smiles all round

August 17th, 2013, 8:27 pm
super slot

Saw this at the weekend. It looked fantastic! :)

August 28th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Well since Joyce got put back on the road at the end of August I haven't actually said anything. Woops. Well, she's become my everyday car (of course!) and I've been doing my 40 mile a day commute to work in her since then. She starts pretty much first turn of the key, now I've got the knack of it.

The only problem she has really is that she doesn't charge particularly well, but now I'm fully aware of it I can live with it, as it doesn't seem to be getting worse. Pretty good in a car that hadn't been used in over 20 years... She's only let me down once, in the car park of Telford Services, and that was due to driver error more than anything else (I may have left the lights on while I was refuelling her) and she wouldn't restart, but after finding a friendly man with a set of jump leads I was soon on my way. My other issue I've had with her occurred the same weekend actually, and was driver error (again). Turning around in a very narrow rural Welsh lane, I completely misjudged where the back of the car and the grass verge were, bending the bumper into the rear wing and creating a small dent, which, under supervision from my dad, I bent back out, smudged some filler on and repainted it, and you can't tell it was ever there. Which is nice :)

My dad's been giving me lessons as we're going on on basic maintenance, I greased the kingpins by myself a few months back, and I know how to change the oil, so I'm slowly getting there. I'm not the most mechanically minded person on the planet.

Anyway, I thought I should add something to this thread again because it was a real labour of love getting her back on the road, three years, many tears, but I'm so glad my dad persevered. Loving finally having an a-series of my own :D In the three months or so I've been driving her everyday, I've clocked up nearly 5000 miles, definitely tested her capabilities, from motorways to Welsh mountains to city centres at rush hour, I've thrown her in at the deep end.

I'll try and update this from time to time with any progress, or anything interesting I discover, I'm hoping I'll get to the stage soon where I'm not so reliant on my dad to help me maintain her, but I'm getting there :D

November 28th, 2013, 11:52 pm
Firing on two.

Thats one fine looking Dyane there:)

All credit to you and the old dad, i mean the old goat. And all credit to you for using it as Citroen intended, as a daily driver !!

November 29th, 2013, 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next