View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next
 LGY 275P Rises Again! 
Firing on two.

Post Re: LGY 275P Risers Again!
Russell wrote:
I still think it'd be nicer painted instead of being left as it is.

It's come along great so far though, top work.

I Agree Russell about the paint!!, But at the moment as it sits there it owes me well over a grand!!
Would need probably every panel replacing or repairing to justifying respraying it, there goes another load of money which I can't justify at present, so 200-300 quids more should see it finish and MOT'd well hopefully!!

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

If you don't play the game, don't make the fecking rules..

November 13th, 2010, 9:42 pm
Firing on two.

Well its still not running... soon soon.....But the beast has moved homes 2day and for the first times in years (me thinks) its in a nice dry workshop...as the nights are just too dark, it keeps bloody raining and I've nowhere under cover to work on it, i've trailer it down to where i work as it has a nice big workshop attach to it with just enough space for a dyane sidewinder...

Have also found an old fella near bradford selling a load of dyane stuff.....so as of 2nite aswell I have just managed to get hold of 4 decent-ish doors, 2 front 2 back, 2 front wings and quater panels and hatch back and a couple of the all important headlights..all for a good price...

so I think a bit of bodywork might now be in order over the winter months and at least get it into grey or red primer...think it will look canny good primered like!!..
More photos to follow as and when...

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

November 22nd, 2010, 11:59 pm
Firing on two.

In its new home for the next couple of months or so...Plus its sporting a couple of replacement doors on the drivers side plus the front wings..(great colour match hey!!)

Attachments:
23112010004.jpg
23112010004.jpg [ 729.35 KiB | Viewed 7307 times ]
23112010003.jpg
23112010003.jpg [ 779.92 KiB | Viewed 7307 times ]

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

November 23rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
gym bunny

looks like an interesting workshop and sorta warm and comfy, plus the light looks great! I struggle squashed into a garage with poor lights, Neil even more so!

great project and great to see another flat 4! give me a PM if there is anything specific I might be able to help with, wiring, fittings etc... I can try!

November 24th, 2010, 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Tim.... Isn't it just get about 8 cars in there, only got 4 at the moment and a trailer, great light although does get a bit cold this time of year (unless u stick the heating on!!) working on a Zero kit car aswell as apart of a youth motor project which is what you can see in one of the pics!!

Wiring is the only thing that seems to be causing a headache.. got some pics from John stenhouse that he took of his acadiane, looks a bit clearer but still not as good as Having one you can see and touch and trace where the wire come from and go to...But i'm sure we'll get there in the end...

As i write this there's about an inch of snow outside so in no hurry to get the beast on the road, be spring probably before we ventures out...
As once its back together might try my hand at some body works aswell....

Any help or assistance is always welcome..

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

November 24th, 2010, 10:24 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Quote:
Wiring is the only thing that seems to be causing a headache..

Why is wiring gives you a headache!!!!

You only need 2 wires to run the engine.

1 from battery + to starter engine.
2 from battery + to distributor

( You need 1 thick wire from battery - to gearbox, and one thick from battery + to starter motor) this is everything you need to run the engine!!!

when you want to do it properly you can run a wire from battery + to the oil pressure switch with an indicator= light :idea: included.

cheers mate.

Russ

November 25th, 2010, 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

lpgo wrote:
Quote:

( You need 1 thick wire from battery - to gearbox, and one thick from battery + to starter motor) this is everything you need to run the engine!!!

when you want to do it properly you can run a wire from battery + to the oil pressure switch with an indicator= light :idea: included.

cheers mate.

you saint
i was going to ask a question soon on how to run a engine out of a car and a loom, i think youve answered my question

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

November 25th, 2010, 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Jameswallace wrote:
lpgo wrote:
Quote:

cheers mate.

you saint
i was going to ask a question soon on how to run a engine out of a car and a loom, i think youve answered my question

That sounds about right for a 2cv/dyane engine, its all pretty easy and self contained, but there is a few more wires kicking about on the GS engine..
Got 4 wires to go into top of the coil, some wires from the distributor, another one from the carb, and there is that funny black connector thing aswell coming from the cap!!!...

Suppose once its back together it will be a piece of cake and bloody obvious...

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

November 25th, 2010, 1:21 pm
gym bunny

ok, my van has a 1299cc engine with electronic ignition module thing.
Its fitted with special 2cv loom which connects to all the normal items as in a 2cv.
On the coil its self i have the following connections:

+ side.
1. Ignition live, extension of existing 2cv loom.
2. One wire from electronic module thing
3. One wire from valve on carb (think it stops over fueling but i cant remember, runs rough as without this)

- side
1. One wire from electronic module thing
2. Wire to rev counter (fitted as an extra by me)

Oil pressure switch connects in same as 2cv but on extended wire, horn wire is extended, wires to alternator and starter are the same although watch how you connect the GSA alternator as i fried my voltage regulator (also 2cv standard loom fit), lights fit the same etc... the loom looks fairly stretched and a tight fit from it to battery terminal but it can be done. alternative which i still one day want to do is make my own longer custom loom but i don't have the time or intelligence at the minute.

I can take pictures if you are in desperate need of anything specific but as i'm sure your guessing a flat 4 A series is all about being different and custom and awkward.

think there are loads of pics on facebook from me Tim Favell if you want to trawl through them.

Tim

November 25th, 2010, 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
gym bunny

p.s I bought a 2cv haynes and GS haynes when i did mine as it had no loom fitted!

and i had prints of this in the garage to assist and a tipex pen to write on switches the item number etc.
http://www.2cvstuff.com/Files/2CV/87on%20Wiring.jpg

November 25th, 2010, 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next