View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Bamboo my 87' 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Bamboo my 87'
Sam, my folks live in Worthing and I used to work in Arundel.. always stop if I see a broken/hazard flashing a-series! So could have been me, if not probably Darus or Louisa, or their daughter who drove bamboo for a bit before someone smacked into it..

Neill, thanks, it looks ok in the pictures but up close its not as pretty!

July 15th, 2010, 7:09 pm
Spellin Bea

fritz wrote:
Sam, my folks live in Worthing and I used to work in Arundel.. always stop if I see a broken/hazard flashing a-series! So could have been me, if not probably Darus or Louisa, or their daughter who drove bamboo for a bit before someone smacked into it..

Neill, thanks, it looks ok in the pictures but up close its not as pretty!

aaah you mean Charlotte rich, no it wouldn't have been that crazy chick :lol:

July 15th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Firing on two.

No - it wasn't charlotte, unless she's had a very convincing sex change at some point...

May have been you I saw around then Fritz :)
Russ is right, there is an 'old' bamboo around, not quite sure how the reg works on it though....

July 16th, 2010, 12:29 am
Firing on two.

so it's been a long time..... garage extension is complete (pretty much the only bit of work have done to the house!) so thought it about time to show the old bamboo some love.. I am off for work again but before I left I dropped him over at grahams for a holiday in cornwall..

Hopefully when I get back in may he shall be full of fresh metal & a respray... including new wings & bonnet, sills, floors, inner rear wings, bits of seat belt mounts, a-panels, b-post, rear window surround bits, new metal above the doors on the shell & finally get around to fitting those 170% stiffer springs.. Graham did look at me like I was retarded when I brought those out of the box though.. que awkward silence.. Can't wait to get bamboo back for the summer looking fresh for some low riding euro roadtripping!

Just two questions..

1. going to get a set of ami-super slots from uncle roy, do I keep these bright white or paint them black?

2. Also need a completely new set of tyres.. toyo experiences anybody? I pretty much just drive bamboo in the dry/summer for about 5000 miles a year.. are they sticky enough in the dry? I pretty much just run michelins before but the price is just too much this time!

Excited for may & getting back behind the wheel,

fritz

January 13th, 2012, 3:21 am
super slot

Fritz,

I saw your Bamboo a few weeks back when i was over at Graham's - He said "I've got my work cut out with that one". :lol:

I believe that although the Super slots appear white on the website that they are actually finished in Gris Rose. Whether to paint them black or leave them grey? I' would leave them Grey personally - i love the colour & you will 'lose' the detailing of the slots if you paint them black.

January 13th, 2012, 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Dunno, I seem to recall that when we went to ECAS from the Haberdasher's Camp the year before last there was a pallet-full of bright white super slots in the doorway. Could always paint them grey though... :)

January 13th, 2012, 10:37 am
super slot

You're spot on, Luke. They are white. :roll: :)

January 13th, 2012, 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Luke wrote:
Dunno, I seem to recall that when we went to ECAS from the Haberdasher's Camp the year before last there was a pallet-full of bright white super slots in the doorway. Could always paint them grey though... :)

Yep I bought a set, still in the loft :D

January 13th, 2012, 2:41 pm
Firing on two.

ha ohh dear, a little less laughter neil! I decided it was about time for some love when i poked my hand through the sill... Ha yes, he was trying to convince me to find another shell but it just wouldn't be the same to me.. fingers crossed it comes up alright.. very excited about getting it back in march(ish).. Shall pop over in a few weeks to see progress hopefully with some new wheels for it!

January 21st, 2012, 7:17 pm
super slot

Just found this pic on a random blog...

March 7th, 2012, 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next