View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Very rusty '86 Bleu Celeste. 
2CV Fan

Post Re: Very rusty '86 Bleu Celeste.
Take me hat off to you lenny . Have read this entire post great job fella.

November 30th, 2010, 12:21 am
Firing on two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey%27s_Monkey_Spunk_Moped

"...The story climaxes when Mickey crashes his moped into a tree, as he can't see where he's going because of the modifications." :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:

November 30th, 2010, 12:55 am
Firing on two.

Quote:
Take me hat off to you lenny . Have read this entire post great job fella.

Ta very much.

There's still a long, long way to go though.

Putting the chassis back together took longer than I expected. There were several setbacks including a chassis top plate that seemed to react with whatever paint I showed it, a broken brake caliper (which I accept full responsibilty for) and a headlamp support bar that resembled swiss cheese after a brief flirtation with the grit blaster.

Besides all this I've had that annual booze and nosh fest of Christmas to deal with.

The good thing about Christmas for me is the run of extra days off. Thankfully I've been able to spend a couple of them in the garage (to make up for the ones I'd wasted earlier in December on such frivolities as Christmas shopping and being sociable) so this morning I wheeled the almost complete chassis out of the garage and onto another borrowed trailer....

It was a proud moment seeing it out in the daylight as it looks absolutely great in the flesh. Ideally I'd done a bit more to it before plopping the bodyshell back on but the thought of a long weekend off work combined with the offer of a trailer sort of spurred things on a bit.

I'd have liked to have got the exhaust in place and the bumpers bolted on first but the fact that the crossbox I'd hoped to re-use had a surprise a hole in it, the realisation that I had a mismatched pair of freshly powdercoated rear bumper brackets and a front bumper that is screaming for a splash of fresh paint all conspired against me.

So it was onto the trailer and off to my mates garage in the next village to mate the two with each other.

It was amazingly straightforward. The two of us basically lifted the shell up and plonked it in place. The only problem was a bit of a stab of back pain when I twisted a bit funny while dropping the shell down. Thankfully all the bolt holes lined up perfectly so I bolted her back together, shoved her back on the trailer and took her home.

Looking forward to reassembling everything now. Might have a day in the garage tomorrow providing the planned hot bath and whisky sort my back out. :D

January 2nd, 2011, 9:11 pm
Firing on two.

Superb! Great work :D

January 2nd, 2011, 10:45 pm
Firing on two.

From this point forward is the most rewarding I think, as you see it all go back together and become a new car again. :D

January 3rd, 2011, 12:04 am
Profile WWW
super slot

Any progress, Lenny?

January 25th, 2011, 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Still on with it.

Over the last couple of weeks I managed to get most of the wiring back in, new soundproofing on the bulkhead, dash panel back in place, steering column and lock fitted, pedals and master cylinder back in and connected up.

It's my birthday today so I took the day off work and spent it all in the garage. It's been an excellent way of taking my mind off my advancing years.

So in the last eight hours I've fitted and adjusted the handbrake, fitted a full new exhaust complete with every bolt, clamp and rubber, put the headlamp height adjuster and choke cable back in place and fitted the headlamp bar and shiny new headlights.

I finished of with stripping the wiper mechanism down. The frame everything sits on is very rusty so I thought it'd be a good test for the Bilt Hamber Deox Gel I got the other day. Fingers crossed it'll be shiny by the morning.

It's amazing how long everything is taking to put back together but it's quite enjoyable. I've probably gone over the top with the cleaning (I've even cleaned every bit of the wiring loom with brake cleaner and thinners) but it'd seem such a shame to put anything dirty back in place when the rest is so clean.

Sorry about the lack of photos but I'll take some soon I promise.

January 25th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Firing on two.

Been back in the garage to take a pic.

Very proud of how it's coming on.

Can't live with that dirty heater tube though. Better ring Roy tomorrow and order a new set. :D

January 25th, 2011, 10:59 pm
Firing on two.

Your car is looking great, Lenny. (I took a little saunter around my car this morning, grimmacing and wincing at the damage that the winter is inflicting on it. Maybe this year I should do what you've done to yours...)

January 25th, 2011, 11:07 pm
super slot

Lenny wrote:
Been back in the garage to take a pic.

Very proud of how it's coming on.

Can't live with that dirty heater tube though. Better ring Roy tomorrow and order a new set. :D

That looks absolutlely fantastic! Top job! 8-)

BTW, Happy birthday! :)

January 25th, 2011, 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next