View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
 Yet another red spesh... 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Yet another red spesh...
It's rotten, you can see in the photos, it would have been cool to build one good car from the two though.

February 17th, 2011, 9:01 am
Firing on two.

Getting fed up with the engine I seized now, I had a big box of racy bits of which most are useless. I had a set of 9.0:1 pistons and new rings which don't fit the pistons, a set off waisted valves I can't get out because the halfords cheap shit spring compressor doesn't work, likewise the double valve springs.

Now I just need the car back on the road asap and without spending a fortune. I've cleaned up the old pistons and refitted them with their original rings, using the secondhand honed barrels. Just when I thought I'd get it slapped back together I found the top of one of the pushrods rattling about in the tube, so that prevented one head going on, then when I put the rockers on the other head one of them is heavily pitted at the valve end.

On the upside, the replacement oil feed pipes are brilliant, I prefer them to the flexible ones you can buy, thanks Sean!

Maybe I'll have it back on the road this weekend, I bought the two missing poppers for the roof allowing me to do a full on sardine can open roof job when it finally runs again...

March 30th, 2011, 9:00 am
gym bunny

Quote:
the replacement oil feed pipes

what are they like? pics? I inquired at having some flexible ones made up but they didn't have Banjos anything like that small

March 30th, 2011, 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Speak to Sean. I can't justify £50+ for the ptfe pipes, they were £35 when I bought them for the bamboo!!

March 30th, 2011, 6:59 pm
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
Getting fed up with the engine I seized now, I had a big box of racy bits of which most are useless. I had a set of 9.0:1 pistons and new rings which don't fit the pistons, a set off waisted valves I can't get out because the halfords cheap shit spring compressor doesn't work, likewise the double valve springs.

Now I just need the car back on the road asap and without spending a fortune. I've cleaned up the old pistons and refitted them with their original rings, using the secondhand honed barrels. Just when I thought I'd get it slapped back together I found the top of one of the pushrods rattling about in the tube, so that prevented one head going on, then when I put the rockers on the other head one of them is heavily pitted at the valve end.

On the upside, the replacement oil feed pipes are brilliant, I prefer them to the flexible ones you can buy, thanks Sean!

Maybe I'll have it back on the road this weekend, I bought the two missing poppers for the roof allowing me to do a full on sardine can open roof job when it finally runs again...

That will be Argy pistons then, they use the old stylee piston rings.

My Halfords valve spring compressor turned out to be a Sykes one and has Sykes part No stamped on it, but that was nearly 30years ago!

as for the rest ....start hoarding engine bits they will come in usefull one day!

S

March 30th, 2011, 8:21 pm
Firing on two.

Decided to put it back together with a bollocksed rocker, I'll change it when the new one arrivbes. I just wanted to use the car on Sunday. Driven it round the farm and it doesn't smoke or sound rough so it'll do for now. Pretty pissed off that all I've ended up with is the same bastard engine with new (used) barrels. Hopefully over easter I'm taking the works van down to collect as much of the 2cv tat I've hoarded over the last ten years and store it at work where it'll be easy to lay my hands on and find when i break it again.

April 1st, 2011, 11:00 pm
Firing on two.

looking good, hope the weather will be good on Sunday

April 2nd, 2011, 1:21 am
Firing on two.

Russ have you found a rocker as I'm pretty sure I can find one you can have and bring down on sunday if your still stuck for one???

April 2nd, 2011, 2:36 am
Firing on two.

April 5th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Aircooled Idiot

that dent in the bonnet would annoy me ;)

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

April 6th, 2011, 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next