View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Viking's ''new'' six'er 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Viking's ''new'' six'er
EirikJ wrote:
Maybe someone should put this AMI6 parts discussion in a separate thread....

Quote:
I do know that the door I have does not have the little 'soap dishes' on the inside, where you would put your hand to open from inside - that is terrible English Grammar!!!!! sorry!!!
photos shortly - let's get to the bootom of this??? it's fun to compare such minor details - NERDY

Well, it not nerdy wishing not to buy parts that doesn't fit! I have a AMI6 Break from summer -68 with aluminum window surrounds. Meaning they are detachable. I just bought a rear door for it. Don't know year of donor-car, but it must be before autumn -68, because it has aluminum window-frames. And it was a Berline, that I could see on the window-frame. But I took the window-frame off when I bought the door too save space in my 2CV. (Coming from a meeting) meaning to fit the windowframe and window from my old door(Break) on this new one.
Really hope the doors are the same :?

Here, have a photo of my newly bought door :)

I've been searching for a rear left hand wing, believing they are the same on berline and break. If this is not so I hope I'll find out before getting one send't from a galaxy far far away :roll:

in your photo - is the black plastic sitting in the top of the door. I cannot see if it is the same as my spare. I put a tape measure on my Break door (still on the car) and the 2 main differences are the depth of the drain in the door top is deeper with circular drain holes on my spare and the captive nuts (for the aluminium frame) are in a different position. On my Break original the drain holes are 30mm slots and the drain is more shallow.

I will try and take photos - but please do not worry - i think maybe my spare is a really early model as there are no 'soap dishes' on the inside and Citroen would have only added them as time went on....hope that makes sense
:)

June 9th, 2010, 9:55 am
viking bastard

Sold to a good home, where? Australia again. :P

Attachment:
P6060439.JPG
P6060439.JPG [ 260.33 KiB | Viewed 2724 times ]

June 19th, 2010, 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Bloody Aussie coming ova here and stealing our cars, what you gonna do drive it across the creek!

Harley

June 21st, 2010, 6:03 pm
Firing on two.

Harley wrote:
Bloody Aussie coming ova here and stealing our cars, what you gonna do drive it across the creek!

Harley

Atleast it aint gonna rust down under.

June 21st, 2010, 6:11 pm
viking bastard

Harley wrote:

Harley

Haha bloody Aussie yourself. Roll on - Roll off somewhere in France going to Port Hedland. Remember Serge visiting us in Marble Bar Raid 2008

June 21st, 2010, 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Hello EirikJ

here is the door i was writing about
http://s713.photobucket.com/home/Willami_photos

finally got a way of showing photos - note the tape measure is to gauge how deep the gutter is...

Will

EirikJ wrote:
Maybe someone should put this AMI6 parts discussion in a separate thread....

Quote:
I do know that the door I have does not have the little 'soap dishes' on the inside, where you would put your hand to open from inside - that is terrible English Grammar!!!!! sorry!!!
photos shortly - let's get to the bootom of this??? it's fun to compare such minor details - NERDY

Well, it not nerdy wishing not to buy parts that doesn't fit! I have a AMI6 Break from summer -68 with aluminum window surrounds. Meaning they are detachable. I just bought a rear door for it. Don't know year of donor-car, but it must be before autumn -68, because it has aluminum window-frames. And it was a Berline, that I could see on the window-frame. But I took the window-frame off when I bought the door too save space in my 2CV. (Coming from a meeting) meaning to fit the windowframe and window from my old door(Break) on this new one.
Really hope the doors are the same :?

Here, have a photo of my newly bought door :)

I've been searching for a rear left hand wing, believing they are the same on berline and break. If this is not so I hope I'll find out before getting one send't from a galaxy far far away :roll:

July 17th, 2010, 8:32 pm
viking bastard

Bye bye friend no 6. See ya down under one day.

Attachment:
P8170597.JPG
P8170597.JPG [ 279.91 KiB | Viewed 2620 times ]

Attachment:
P8170599.JPG
P8170599.JPG [ 260.69 KiB | Viewed 2620 times ]

August 17th, 2010, 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2