View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 1966 RHD belgian built AZL, UK supplied 
2CV Fan

Post Re: 1966 RHD belgian built AZL, UK supplied
Hi Sam.

I did find one of the correct pattern speedos on Leboncoin but NOT in MPH. Have a close look at the original in the cab photo; goes up in 10 MPH increments. Don't think I'll be finding one of those any time soon! As for the front indicators, I've got the originals. They're a bit rough but may be restorable. But thanks, I may get back to you if I need yours. It's wonderful to have such a lot of very knowledgable people out there only too willing to help.
I appreciate it.

Brooky.

July 5th, 2012, 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

:oops: Of course it would have had MPH! Blimey, you're right there can't be many of those around!

No worries, it's a lovely car :)

July 5th, 2012, 9:27 am
Firing on two.

For special parts you can always contact the EEEC in Holland.

This is a 2cv club, specific for cars before 1970.. They have loads of parts for these cars..

www.eeec.nl

you need to be a member to order stuff, nut afaik Dave411 has a membership there and might be willing to help you if needed

July 5th, 2012, 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1966 RHD belgian AZL, home at last!
Brooky wrote:
Well, I simply couldn't resist and had to buy it back from that very nice man,
Gary Dicks. 'Dorcas' is home at last...

Brooky wrote:
This was my fathers car! He sold it some years ago to a 2CVGB member who was going to restore it. I bitterly resented the sale of this car and rightly so by the look of it! It was running and useable when he sold it. I wish to God I had found this thread before. I must learn to drop in more regularly.

I have only just caught up with this thread too.

I think the person you refer to as the 2CVGB member is me - your father contacted me as the Leicester area club representative back in 2003(?) and gave the car to me as a restoration project - I collected it with Nick Cordiner using a trailer. The car remained at Nick's workshop while we decided how &when to start; it did appear to be quite an unusual vehicle. As with a lot of projects, it was sidelined; I moved away, Nick &I lost touch and the next thing I see of it (albeit some years later) it is in the ebay thread on the forum :( Presumably, this was when Nick was closing / down-sizing the business
Your father was a lovely man; he was fitting a gearbox into an Austin 7 when we turned up - he must have been in his late 70s by then too, if not older - remarkable! He showed us around the rest of the fleet and made us tea in the parlour of the big house :)
I have moved house twice since then and although I have searched my all boxes of paperwork, I seem to no longer have any of the material that came with the car :oops:

Best Wishes
Mark

July 5th, 2012, 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

Thanks for getting in touch Mark and for your kind comments about my late father. It was just like him to give the car away. So which one of these fresh-faced youths is you then?;
and here's my old Dad. Last photo of him with the car.

Also, I still have the Austin 7 he was doing the gearbox on, and the Rolls Royce.
So do you have any idea where the headlamps and bar went, or the speedo?

Brooky.

July 5th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Profile WWW

I've got a photo of this car languishing outside Nick Cordiner's place circa 2003.
Attachment:
P3170012.JPG
P3170012.JPG [ 433.47 KiB | Viewed 3989 times ]

July 5th, 2012, 11:24 pm
2CV Fan

Hmm, looks like the right rear light corner was smashed in shortly after it left my fathers ownership then! I note that the headlamps are still there at that time, as is the plastic dashboard panel and presumably the unobtainable speedo. Is Nick Cordiner still contactable?

Brooky.

July 5th, 2012, 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Oh My! That's me on the left of the picture :o (the other guy is David Plimmer with whom I shared the running of LCG at the time) I still have that shirt, though not the glasses and a little less hair! How fantastic to see both of those photographs
Nick is no longer at the workshop, but I believe the business is still being run, albeit around the corner from those premises in Burton-on-the-Wolds. If I remember rightly, a deilvery man hit the back of the car, prompting the positioning of the red &white bollard.
As for the lamps, etc, I've no idea, sorry; I had infrequent contact with Nick after I left Leicester and signed the car over to him after I'd settled in Birmingham.
Regards,

July 6th, 2012, 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

What's become of this - any progress?

September 17th, 2012, 9:31 am
Firing on two.

twofifty AZU wrote:
It even brought along its friends to come live with me.....

It's RHD, the choke and starter are marked C and S respectively. S id of course the choke on a French car.

Belgian door trim panels

There was one of those Belgian door cards in good condition in the pile of stuff 2CVGB brought down to sell from Ruskington at registers day. It might be worth tracking down as its probably rocking horse poo.

September 17th, 2012, 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next