View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hello old and new! 
Firing on two.

Post Hello old and new!
Hello everyone !

Wow its been ages since I visited here......and that is because I kind of shut the garage door and did nowt with my 2CVs for ages.

I then peeked into the Bamboo and just realised I had to do it now or never.

So a few tweaks, some final connections (this car has been totally stipped and gaffer taped back together) and I had the nerve to book it into an MOT....*

....I found a great new MOT place in Sussex....a convenient 10 miles away so I could blast the soot out....yes I said soot......you know what I mean!

Anyway the kind man (I think he wanted it gone ASAP) printed me a brand new VT20.....ie the dam thing passed!!.....it dam well passed.....and its now insured....and taxed.....bugger...I actually have a legal drivable 2CV again...whey hey !....

So folks....after 4 years.....yes its been that long....I am now back in a 2CV.

It is technically a Bamboo, but its a real hash of all sorts. Its not had any attempt to be smart, I have done nothing and wont do anything to the unimportant bits. However it is totally solid underneath...all new floors, new chassis. New brakes ie: pipes, cylinders, discs ets. New shocks, new clutch, cables, kingpins, breather, serviced......and then finished to perfection with some tatty doors, panels, crappy bumpers.....some feather edge, MDF, all covered in a good thick coating of Lard..HA ! it is a daily driving old shed...!!!

....might even replace the roof with some shed roofing felt!

(Oh green headlights and club dash.....hatchback kit, ....oh and I stuck the 2.1 injection engine in from the T25 so it goes a bit faster........well....OK that was a lie!)

So inspired now.....onto the Jade ones, the Plums and Cuss and the Red and white!

.....one of them is going to become a pick up......not sure which yet!

Cheers all.....nice to be back,

J

* MOT top tips :-

1) Any structual rusty bits - cut out a bit of metal .....or something...it doesnt have to be metal....and hold it in place with toothpaste...stick in bits of mig wire every couple of inches and it looks like it has been welded. The toothpaste hardens and then you paint it all in lard and know one knows.
2) By using lard under the car, you can save your black underseal and thin it down with vodka. This can then be used to paint over the tyres ....it fills all those cracks in the 20 year old Michalens and looks real neat when it sets...if you freeze it in an ice cube tray and stick the cubes on then it makes great off road tyres!
3) Fit the car with a tow bar....the MOT man thought I was taking the piss.....I guess somehow I was/am!.....but he seemed amused and a happy MOT tester is my friend!
4) Move all the controls and switches around. Have the car start by pressing the brake button and confuse the poor man so much he has to call you over. You are of course sitting "casually" in the waiting area and when you have explained the car to him, you engage conversation and thats it, even if you dont have a beard, you scratch your chin (or something) and talk of the old days.
5) Remove the back seat, fill the back with car bootsale junk and deny there were rear seat belt mountings....you never carry passengers anyway.....so as you dont have a back seat, you dont need rear seat belts.

May 13th, 2010, 5:02 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: Hello old and new!
Always good to see another one retake the road, you just have to drive the bugger now! Sounds like what they call these days Rat Look - Solid bottom and Mechanicals, patina'd and tatty bodywork.

I like the toothpase as welding tip :lol:

As Neil's away I'd better say it for him: Pictures Please!

Chris

May 13th, 2010, 4:11 pm
Field Plougher

you have been gone a while,

nice once your on the road with the roof down you'll soon see why you love it :D

May 13th, 2010, 4:39 pm
Firing on two.

Pics will appear, oh yes!

...oh Little Louis.....do not worry...I know exactly why i love it !!!

May 13th, 2010, 6:15 pm
Firing on two.

Pics as promised

Attachment:
Bam1.JPG
Bam1.JPG [ 68.63 KiB | Viewed 5192 times ]

...nowt special, but finally I am on the road again.....(to be honest it has been de-booed....ie green lights, club dash, will remove stickers)

and one of the back....
Attachment:
Bam2.JPG
Bam2.JPG [ 64.27 KiB | Viewed 5192 times ]

Tomoro I am going to dig this one out of my hedge and see what kind of state it is in.
Attachment:
Jade.JPG
Jade.JPG [ 70.23 KiB | Viewed 5192 times ]

It was rebuilt many years ago, not sure who by, but it does have an SLC chassis...
Attachment:
Jade2.JPG
Jade2.JPG [ 70.8 KiB | Viewed 5192 times ]
.....not sure it has much else going for it!..And before you pounce on me, the chassis leaning against it is of course not an SLC one, it is one I have got to put one of the Dollys that I need to get sorted and sold/swapped. Problem is the 2CV is great for storing my ladders and scaffolding on....might now need to build another shed!

As of yet I dont know if this poor sad old Jade is worth re-doing again or if I need to sweep up with a magnet. It would probably remain there for some more time, except I need to trim the hedge.....So really glad to be back here and in 2CV land again....even though in a boring avarage de-booed bamboo......inspired to get another done.

So Bamboo is now my daily driver......two Dollys and two Jades to make some choices over and chop up, do up, sell, swap.....or trim the hedge and put them back for another burst of inspiration in 10 years!

May 14th, 2010, 9:10 pm
Firing on two.

?

Last edited by Squeezebox on September 5th, 2010, 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

May 24th, 2010, 8:57 pm
super slot

Did you manage to dig the jade green one out of it's resting place?

May 24th, 2010, 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I love jade specials, especially when they get that worn/ratty loom about them!

May 24th, 2010, 9:01 pm
Firing on two.

HA HA !

Yep, Jade is now sitting right in the middle of the lawn where it annoys the other half even more than it ever did!

It basically needs to go and so will have a look over in the next few days and be up on flea bay or somewhere soon.

I dont really need the spares, but it will be one big resto project for someone to take on.

Will stick some details here when I have had a chance to get around it and take some proper pics.

May 25th, 2010, 4:54 am
Firing on two.

Jade one now in front garden and was gonna work on it, but have been made an offer I cant refuse....so may be gone soon.

Just a red and white D*lly, a plums and Cuss D*lly to sell after that.

But enjoying my time in the Bamboo...

September 5th, 2010, 11:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next