View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 17th, 2024, 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Slamboo (FOR SALE DUE TO CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES) 
Post Slamboo (FOR SALE DUE TO CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES)
Compare and contrast:
What happened was.....I decided Seth was much too straight to start whacking the living bejesus out of, and in the meantime my fellow Brummie amigo Mr. Spanners bought Slamboo off of Russell, then after a few weeks decided that two slammed Snails was an indulgence he didn't really need. So we formulated a plan. Which came to fruition this afternoon. Spanners now owns a rather nice (but very civilised, so just not really me at all) red Special......and I have gained custody of one of the best-known dropped ducks in the UK.
It's erm....low. So low in fact that at several points on the trip home from Spanners Speed Shop to mine were marked by BANG! BANG! BANG! as we were tearing chunks out of the tarmac with the front towing eyes. This caused consternation amongst passers-by (sorry to the dog we scared sh*tless), and downright hilarity in the car. Sample quote from me (through tears of laughter) as we skipped merrily from bump to bump: "I haven't got a clue why I'm laughing so much. I've just f**king bought it"
It's also back to being green again. I got busy with a couple of rattle-cans while JC swapped the doors. It's also got Seth's Toyos on it, and a nice 2nd-hand red roof which I whizzed up to Tim Flavell's gaff in Derby last Sunday to fetch. I was going to swap the ratty but solid one off Seth, but now it's on I actually like the red roof. So there.
You can almost hear the purists rotating in their graves. I love it. From the front it almost looks as if it's licking the tarmac. And I love the way the front wheels are tucked up into the arches, if you tried that with a Beetle you'd have to spend a fortune getting the front beam narrowed.

In reality it may have to come up by 3/4" at the front, unless I want to be attracting the attentions of the local Plod. Meantime I just plan to enjoy it for the summer and maybe move it on in the Autumn to finance the satiation of my Ami fetish. I've a feeling that I'm going to fall for this one, though......

Man, it's good to be back. :mrgreen:

Last edited by BrianDamaged on March 13th, 2010, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 6th, 2010, 9:15 pm
super slot

Post Re: Slamboo (again)
BrianDamaged wrote:
Meantime I just plan to enjoy it for the summer and maybe move it on in the Autumn to finance the satiation of my Ami fetish. I've a feeling that I'm going to fall for this one, though......

hmm, i give it a month. :lol:

March 6th, 2010, 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Brian,
maybe have a check to see how much is left of the axle bolt heads, as they're usually one of the lowest parts of a chassis...

Unless of course the towing eyes have been launching the car upwards before the bolts met the road surface.

Ken

March 6th, 2010, 9:40 pm
ken wrote:
Brian,
maybe have a check to see how much is left of the axle bolt heads, as they're usually one of the lowest parts of a chassis...

Unless of course the towing eyes have been launching the car upwards before the bolts met the road surface.

Ken

The eyes have been doing exactly that, Ken.....but we're going to replace the axle bolts anyway as a matter of course, and I'll be having a forage thru the scrap steel bins at work to find something suitable to protect them....like a sort of mini skid-plate. I fancied a couple of bits of old VW Beetle gearbox casing as apparently they are magnesium..... :mrgreen:

March 6th, 2010, 9:46 pm
Neil wrote:
BrianDamaged wrote:
Meantime I just plan to enjoy it for the summer and maybe move it on in the Autumn to finance the satiation of my Ami fetish. I've a feeling that I'm going to fall for this one, though......

hmm, i give it a month. :lol:

Oh ye of little faith. Spanners=Exorcist. He performed a strange ritual with it involving a sheep, a Haircut 100 CD and some ordinary household bleach. :evil:

March 6th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Firing on two.

It dosn't say boz on the side anymore, like the red roof

March 6th, 2010, 10:49 pm
Firing on two.

Cool Brian :D Hmmmm, Vert Bamboo et rouge capot? Bostin!! :lol:

March 6th, 2010, 11:17 pm
Field Plougher

I think this could look quite cool with the red roof.

March 7th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Firing on two.

nooooo that looks like a jumper that the bloke in 70s kids tv prog rainbow would've worn :shock:

March 7th, 2010, 8:44 pm
Firing on two.

I like it :)

March 7th, 2010, 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next