View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Citroen CIMOS DAK F 1985 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Citroen CIMOS DAK F 1985
Looking at the pictures (I've not seen a DAK in detail before) it looks like a lot of it is quite different to a Dyane, or even an Acadiane, I guess all the DAK specific parts you'll have to make by hand? I assume any hope of new panels is unlikely? having said that, looking at your Ami6 restoration, that shouldn't be a problem for you!

I guess after spending a lot of hours on customers cars, it's nice to do something for yourself?

April 2nd, 2010, 9:10 am
Firing on two.

Complet back part is made in Cimos by there own plans. Chassis is from 2cv aks400 and mechanic parts are from AMI Super. Gearbox is made for load and engine is Dyane . Top speed is 95 km/h with or without load. Body was allmoast hand made so it is not dificult to reproduce it.

Some history...

As in 1981 Cimos sold out factory plant in Šempeter near Nova Gorica (SLO) they stopped producing Dyane and GSA cars. But in that time in Tomos factory in Koper they had production line for CX Ambulance . Tomos did not have space for that CX line so they forced Cimos to build new small plant in Koper. But again that new plant was too big for just a CX , Cimos decide that they have to do some more cars.
The legend say that Cimos had in that time lot of parts for dyane and Ami Super from previous time.
OK, they decide to do new car. A fourgonette based on dyane made on their own plans. That is how DAK was born in 1982.
In first year plan was 600 cars and in july they made 275 cars all sold out. Waiting time for DAK was in the beginning 14 days. They made 4 cars in one day in two shifts (from 6 to 14 o clock and 14 to 22 o clock) .
But the factory plant was still to big so they had to find another car. And they start to make a GERI. It was a pick-up based on dyane DAK. Geri is translated as donkey and Dak is Dyane AK . Geri production started in 1983. And plan was to sell this two cars also in Europe over the Citroen dealers .

Citroen has change there mind and latter did not want to sell this cars. Dak was better and more spacier car then their own Akadyane ... so they freak out and started to make problems to Cimos (not delivering necessary parts in time or bad parts).

In Yugoslav market it was very popular . But in that time in Volkswagen plant near Sarajevo (BiH) they started with production of Golf Cady (pick up). Fast, diesel, 1000 kg load... Cimos Dak did not had chance wit their rustic two cylinder engine and 500 kg load. And in 1985 production of DAK and GERI stopped.

April 2nd, 2010, 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Here is some adverts from that time...

And from newspaper...

April 2nd, 2010, 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Two different version of back doors was produced...

... and this is his original green color.

And GERI pick up... roof rack is not original

April 2nd, 2010, 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Dak and Geri was made in 4 colors :

White
Beige
Orange
Green

and maybe red but I did not seen one before.

Image Image Image

April 2nd, 2010, 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

... That is Cimos colors for Dyane, DAK, GERI, GS line, CX line. From 1977 - 1985

April 2nd, 2010, 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Some details from owners manual book Cimos DAK - GERI 1982

changing back lights...

Lifting DAK on the back site...

April 2nd, 2010, 11:08 am
Profile WWW
super slot

Brilliant!

A great find & it really couldn't have found a better home. I am another who will enjoy watching you work your magic in returning it to the road.

Very interesting to learn about the history of the DAK & Geri & how Citroen saw them as a threat to the Acadiane.

April 2nd, 2010, 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Yes, you can imagine people in Citroen France in that time. They got news from Yugoslavia that some little factory want to make utility car based on Dyane. In first they think , OK some idiots will do some ugly car. They dont have chance. And Citroen agree and made contracts for parts and distribution in europe... But one or two years latter... OH sh*t...

Citroen made Akadiane... big long heavy car, they use design from 1955 AZU and 1970 aks400, made special tools for longer chassis and longer spring tubes and parts. I believe only better part of akadiane is that it has more space for driver than DAK. But in cimos made harder sits for dak and driver sits higher so it is somehow OK. I am allmoast 190 cm high and I can sit perfectly OK inside DAK.
As you can see on my picture of inside of the dak it has small inner wings and loading space is empty from one side to another ,front to back. And if you look akadiane... there is that big inner wings from aks400. It is OK for 2cv. You need petrol tank on one side and wheel on other. But akadiane is based on dyane that have wheel in front under the bonnet and on the chassis there is always place for gasoline tank.

Dak is made complete from standard A series mechanical parts. And body is so simple that was made in small presses and by hand metal plate bending machines.

Yes , citroen did not like that car.

April 2nd, 2010, 11:38 am
Profile WWW
super slot

Thanks for all the information, i find it fascinating & am sure others will too.

Interesting how these models appear to use the Dyane stainless steel front bumper, whereas the Acadiane used a pressed steel version painted in Gris Rose, which i guess is the same as those fitted to early western european & of course very late model Dyane's.

How did you find this particular DAK?

April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next