View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Citroen CIMOS DAK F 1985 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Citroen CIMOS DAK F 1985
Than I started with amputation of all original citroen rust... Ewerything that is not Cimos must go out and will be replaced .

September 30th, 2010, 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

This is how roof was connected with citroen front part.

September 30th, 2010, 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

What is left... only Cimos part of DAK.

September 30th, 2010, 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Chassis need good repair ...

Now, in few days, I will prepare other front part of normal dyane and connect it to the rest of the Dak. I am not decided jet if I will made new front roof or repair the old one. Also I have to make new front sills , floors,... repair front part of the Cimos body,...

A lot of work...

September 30th, 2010, 6:54 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I made a special site on web where I will try to collect as much as possible information about this unique car. So fell free to check it http://cimos-dyane-dak.blogspot.com/

I will also try to translate what ever I write there in English.

My plan is also to reproduce this cars. Something like kit-car assembly. I will produce back part of DAK and GERI and customers can use old Dyane to build a DAK (or GERI pick up).

I am allready producing spare body parts for this (and other A serie) cars, so it will not be a problem for me.

And as you knows I am restoring A serie cars, so feel free to ask me If I want to restore your 2cv, ami or dyane . Send me a note to my email 2cv.ak350@gmail.com

October 1st, 2010, 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Beard

You really have got some skills 2cvkeza. You think you can make the kit cars less rusty?

http://www.rollingonfour.co.uk

October 2nd, 2010, 12:23 pm
super slot

Great work, Janez! :)

October 2nd, 2010, 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Metal is still metal this days. But technology of preventing rust is gone far a head from early eighties. So if We apply good rust preventive to new metal it can last a long time.
Like I see on my DAK, where ever it was painted with anti-rust paint it is OK . Other parts (mostly Citroen parts) gone into dust. And I am repairing some cars that I was restoring 10 - 15 years ago, the job that I did on them is still OK, but other original parts are rusted . And technology , paint from 15 -10 years ago was not so good than today.

Main problems from old cars is what ewer left of original parts when we restored some car. If we put on it some new body parts and protect it will last for long time.

So, if I made a new car, from new metal and protect it like I know ... there will not be a problem. Problem will come out on old front part of Dyane body.

... in some 10-15 years...

How many new cars is lasting that time? ...not many...

I am not a fan of polyester resin and ABS plastic kit-cars that is sold this days on the market based on 2cv. If you look Hoffman cabriolet... they put new plastic part over the old rusted body and I think that is not good work. Also that 2cv pick-up that is sold around the market ... still strange ugly cars . why they don't make pick-ups 2cv like it was original? The one and only beautiful 2cv pick-up 2cv ever made. I can do that , but not in plastic.

Plastic, plastic, plastic... it is allover us. Why? People thinks that plastic car will last longer. That is not true. Good think about plastic car is that you can not see what is under the body. Rust all over it. Like Mehari... under the body shell is metal tubes and a lot of rust.

Yes, even if they are disaster, they are still pretty on outside.

If I ask you where is the first spot on the 2cv that will start to showing rust ? Bumpers, front wings, back wings, bonnets,... all parts that stay old on the car after restoration. But that is easy to change. Chassis and body is something that you have to restore in proper way. And this two parts are most expensive.

If you look at old rusted Dyane. On the market there is almost no parts specific for Dyane body. What we drivers of Dyane need... back inner wings, back side parts, front windshield parts, front firewall , complete sills, ... and much more. But this parts are not available. today. Dyane back parts of body are bad rust. So I think that if some one wants to drive Dyane it can be converted to pick-up or fourgonette like it was originally made in our country in CIMOS factory. It is still something that looks like original Citroen and has history. And we can use it for daily driving and with a lot of load on it. 550 kg with aks400 chassis and some 300 kg with Dyane chassis.

And also is still light vehicle that someone can converted it to EV (electric vehicle). Lot of space under the body between body and chassis for set of battery.

Saving some old Dyane's
Making a car that you can use for job and business
Much more space that Aka-Dyane and lighter that one mentioned.
80% new body (old is only front part)... maybe latter I will make complete from back to front.
Converting it to EV

Be a first guy in the block that drives CIMOS DAK or GERI in your town... :D :D

Find an old Dyane and make a note to my email...

Attachments:
File comment: Some study of GERI
geri oranžen 2.jpg
geri oranžen 2.jpg [ 67.95 KiB | Viewed 4418 times ]
File comment: This is original picture from some fair in 1982
geri rumen.jpg
geri rumen.jpg [ 76.16 KiB | Viewed 4418 times ]

October 2nd, 2010, 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

Janez,

Are you aware of the reproduction Dyane lower windscreen/bonnet hinge repair panel & also Dyane windscreen pillar repair panels?

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/lower-win ... p-892.html

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/dyane-win ... p-470.html

Boot floor & seat box:

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/boot-well ... p-389.html

Further Dyane panels;

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/-c-97_127.html

October 2nd, 2010, 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Yes I know this parts. I use that Dyane complete Trunk compartments for my work but some producer (I don't know who) is producing that part from same parts that is for 2cv. Thay only cut some metal that on the end it looks square and like fits into Dyane. But pattern is still 2cv. From my opinion it is not good part but it is only available on the market.
For other front parts ... I don't have my opinion because I did not order them yet and I don't know if it fits OK.

October 2nd, 2010, 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next