View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 '88 red spesh "Seth" 
Post Re: '88 red spesh "Seth"
I *suspect* it's time to drop the tank and check the usual culprit bit of rubber pipe from the sender. :(

Oh well, gives me a chance to check the sender at the same time, two birds, one stone and all that.

May 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Firing on two.

Hmmm that was replaced, can't say for sure when but def within the last 9 years??? They don't deteriorate that quickly do they?

May 6th, 2010, 8:54 am
I've been a very bad boy and left Seth untouched on the drive for way too long. Those who read my last "report" will remember me saying that Seth had broken down.

Well, having had almost a full fleet of broken vehicles, I'm afraid I left Seth till last by a week or so-what a dumbass, the weather's beautiful and I've been driving around in a bloody great C5 estate when I could have been smoking around in a drop dead little red convertible. Numpty!

Okay so, back to the "Seth's broken down" bit, it seems that he'd not really broken down as such but, he'd, erm, well, ahem, he'd run out of petrol :oops:

However, he hadn't been running very nicely prior to that and it felt like the old favourite of sucking air in around the base of the carb. So, I took the carb off and found the remains of a gasket

So I chucked it away, cleaned up all the mating faces, put a smear of hylomar type stuff on all the aforementioned faces and refitted the carb before putting a drop of petrol in and popping down to the garage for a roadtest with the roof rolled back.

Fuel replenished and roadtest completed, I can say just one thing

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

May 23rd, 2010, 6:04 pm
super slot

Happiness is a rusty 2cv? :lol:

May 23rd, 2010, 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

Seth outside his new home. :)
I can't explain what a relief it is to not have a ZX or something and my thanks go out to Jonathan for all he's put in and to Russ for saving me from having to do any body work when I'm still jiggered from the crash. I'll keep you posted as to what I get up to and I promise not to try and fly this one until I've worked out the landings! :D

June 12th, 2010, 9:01 pm
Firing on two.

Seth, trying to out-do Slamboo on the number of times his V5 goes to Swansea this year eh?!

Hope he serves you well!

June 12th, 2010, 9:38 pm
Firing on two.

Oh and seeing as no sooner as I'd offered to send Spanners the spare keys (sorry Spanners) I lost them again. If you PM me your address I can send them when the re-appear. If you'd like?

June 12th, 2010, 9:57 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

I was thinking that as well, think we need a map with pins and threads showing Seth the hobo's wanderings, or should that be 'last reported sightings'... ;)

louise2cv wrote:
Seth, trying to out-do Slamboo on the number of times his V5 goes to Swansea this year eh?!

Hope he serves you well!

June 12th, 2010, 10:41 pm
:cry: I wasn't desperate to sell Seth but, with a reasonable sized (although rapidly dwindling) collection of cars, Roos' need was greater than mine.

Why put an already broken man through the trauma of an AX or similar? ;)

June 12th, 2010, 10:47 pm
Field Plougher

AXz aint that ba just 2cvs are much better :lol:

June 12th, 2010, 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next