View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Betty 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Betty
I'm very much with Spanners on this one. Compensation culture, in conjunction with over zealous health and safety, are doing their best to eradicate what little fun is left in the modern world, and I take some pleasure from not encouraging this if ever possible.

Having said that the Rav4 owner's insurance is for exactly this situation, to pay for any costs incurred by Louise as a result of their driving, be that a replacement car or medical bills.
Although, and this is not aimed at anybody, other peoples insurance is not there to provide you with a lump sum to 'cheer yourself up' with.

Just my two-penneth, ignore it if you wish.

September 20th, 2010, 10:26 pm
Firing on two.

I might regret posting my four penny worth but hear goes.

If you have an accident in a normal car [not your fault] then the value you will receive for the car is governed in the main by a book of values that are published [glasses guide and parkers for example] With a not normal car or one that is difficult to value you do need to achieve as much as you can as replacing it is not going to be easy. As the wise sage pointed out further down this post I made a claim after a write off [not my fault] at Christmas.

The payout I got was for the car only but I did well out of it and was able to replace the car.

If you are injured in an accident then you have a right to be compensated for loss of earnings and personal discomfort and any expense associated with that.

The problem comes from people who claim injury where none exists. i.e. will wear a neck brace for a couple of weeks to show whip lash when none occurred. Whip lash is now claimed almost as a matter of course in a car accident. This is what drives up your premiums and makes the health and safety police write more rules.

Whip lash is a nasty injury and if you do suffer it it can last a long time and you deserve both sympathy and compensation, trouble is if its genuine no one believes you, they all think you are on the pull.

Hope you Scott are OK Lou, should I be on the look out for a rust free left hooker.

No offence is implied or intended with any of my posts. I love you all, well most of you anyway.

September 20th, 2010, 10:32 pm
Aircooled Idiot

yuor right, i suffered wiplash a few years back, and it is painful, what i said and what i mean, as normal is different, i meant pretty much what you said, that if you suffered it then a claim is neccasary and acceptable, but i personally also dislike it when people fake it, such as that scam in this counrty a while back, about people targeting young drivers,

again sorry to hijak thread, hope you and scott are both well and thats all that matters!

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

September 20th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

All the money that i got, was from a out of court settlement which i was not expecting has been spent on getting my 2cv 100% back to normal. I have not spent a penny on myself.

I only claimed as my injurys were so bad and i still have problems, but i dont agree with claiming "cus you can". Its bad form!

hahaha Louise even sorted my claim which i still find kinda funny.

September 22nd, 2010, 2:32 pm
Firing on two.

Just thought i'd give you an update...The inspection people came out thursday, he said Cat B write off no buying back, just waiting for the offer to come through.

had my first physio on wednesday, from having my foot on the clutch my pelvis is slightly twisted and this is why most of my pains are down the left side, neck still sore and shooting pains from my back down my left leg and a headache ever since it happened (15 days ago) :( other than that i'm all good lol

we got everything out of betty we needed yesterday stereo speakers few clips sun shade thing (made from the gate material at kelso) so i reckon she will be taken away by the end of the week :(

Registers Day Winner 2008 and 2009... Betty died before the masterclass :(

October 3rd, 2010, 10:27 am
Firing on two.

Don't know why but I've only just noticed this thread. Sorry to hear of the accident Louise.

October 3rd, 2010, 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

Hope you recover soon. And pain goes away Sad about the car, i hope yout being correclt compenaated for your trouble :(

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 3rd, 2010, 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5