View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next
 Joolz's Red One 
Field Plougher

Post Re: Joolz's Red One
lpgo wrote:

I think a turbo powered or Supercharged 760cc hybride (Visa/2CV) engine will bring almost the same amount of power definitly the same amount of fun and I think it is more reliable then your configuration..

How do you think about this.... Probably the wrong time to ask this question but anyway....

I think a BMW engine will be infinitely more reliable than a Visa/2cv hybrid at 760cc going off past experience from Spa and that was 652cc...
You can also get an 850cc BMW which has less power, if the drive train is going to be an issue.

September 6th, 2013, 4:31 pm
Firing on two.

If it helps in your decision the BMW 850R shove out 70bhp at 7,000 rpm and 44f/Ib at 3000 rpm, which push the bike along that weights in at 236 kgs. :-)

September 6th, 2013, 8:15 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

My decision is already made, bought 2 Visa engines yesterday... everything else (turbo etc) is laying somewhere in my garage and also a nearly finished channeled body..........

there are many (tuning) roads leading to Rome.....

but I like the road you are going.....

Russ

Last edited by lpgo on September 7th, 2013, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 6th, 2013, 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Joolz's I am going bmw route, engine purchsed!! looking at box options now. Lots of reading to do. Anybody else on here with this conversion?

September 6th, 2013, 10:17 pm
Firing on two.

Geo, that's excellent, variety is the spice of life. I'm sure you will keep us updated when you make some progress.

Dan, assuming we're talking exclusively about the 'oilhead' (post '94) engines, then I know of three road legal BMW engined 2cvs in the UK, one is mine, the other two I had a hand in building. There are at least a couple on the continent (Belgium/Holland) and there may be some 2cv based kit cars fitted with them. Pete doesn't frequent this forum often, nor does the other owner who is yet to 'come out' about his conversion. Dare I say, it I'm your best source of info on the subject.

September 6th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

In Holland there are also 3 or 4 conversions I know of. LEENAPK is selling the adaptersset, but I think you guys are doing it much cheaper....

theres a topic at the dutch forum buts it's a lot of blah, blah and not much done.....

http://forum.2cv.nl/viewtopic.php?t=5266

When you want to see a lot of BMW conversions go to 1 of the races (Spa Francorchamps is the holy grail to see Beamers in a 2cv (well sort of) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ

September 6th, 2013, 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
Dan, assuming we're talking exclusively about the 'oilhead' (post '94) engines, then I know of three road legal BMW engined 2cvs in the UK, one is mine, the other two I had a hand in building. There are at least a couple on the continent (Belgium/Holland) and there may be some 2cv based kit cars fitted with them. Pete doesn't frequent this forum often, nor does the other owner who is yet to 'come out' about his conversion. Dare I say, it I'm your best source of info on the subject.

As mentioned in my other post I have a r1100rt engine also throttle bodies and loom etc. Loom needs alot of work as also has the abs stuff in there along with the bike basics.

If your happy to share any info that'll be great, I lack the general citroen 2cv knowledge so thats what I am researching at the moment i.e Gearboxes.. lol

September 7th, 2013, 12:36 am
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
Geo, that's excellent, variety is the spice of life. I'm sure you will keep us updated when you make some progress.

I fear I may be the one who is yet to come out... Though Joolz will still be the man for the technical issues!

Green car does have a thread on here a few pages back but I couldn't for the life of me work out how to upload pictures! (actually it's my laziness and since looking at Joey's guide its a piece of cake)

I have done just over a thousand miles since the conversion, all of it covered quite quickly. We had to do some extra development to keep it cool on long fast motorway journeys but it is now first class in all aspects.

regards,

fritz

September 12th, 2013, 2:40 pm
Firing on two.

fritz wrote:
I have done just over a thousand miles since the conversion, all of it covered quite quickly. We had to do some extra development to keep it cool on long fast motorway journeys but it is now first class in all aspects.

regards,

fritz

Have you tried any mountain passes yet?

September 13th, 2013, 12:00 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

samfieldhouse wrote:
fritz wrote:

regards,

fritz

Have you tried any mountain passes yet?

Quick trip to Alcaniz would be a good workout..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ

September 13th, 2013, 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next