View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 16th, 2024, 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 1988 2CV6 Special 'El Bastardo' 
Post 1988 2CV6 Special 'El Bastardo'
HOW chuffed am I??
It's in way better shape than I expected. Sure it's had some rectification work over the years, and it may need some more at some stage, but for now it's absolutely fine. It drives absolutely gorgeously, dare I say it's way smoother than the Dyane was, even if it's not quite as quick. A good service will sort that out though. A full exhaust system means it's much, much quieter (but not for long.....).
That's just road salt on the bonnet from the 150m it's done from its old home in North Wales to Damaged Towers.

I'd forgotten what one was like to drive at stock ride height, a fact that was brought home to me the first time I charged round an island and could almost reach out and touch the road thru the side window. ;) Rest assured that it will be coming down as soon as possible.
That's Spanners trying to turn it over on my drive. Thanks mate for driving it back, I can't now drive it until I've insured it on Monday.

I think it needs a new I2F sticker. All the rest are coming off.

First job is to change the driver's side window for one that opens (which I've got in the Xantia...thanks again Spanners) and fix the borked passenger's door handle. Then it's time for that lovely galvanised chassis to get more intimate with the asphalt. Permanently.
8-)

Did I mention I was chuffed??

With thanks to Louise Bastock (it's in safe hands, thankyou for letting me loose with it), Jon 'Spanners' Clewer for the encouragment and Daddy Damaged for the short-term zero-interest loan. Again. ;)

It's great to be back. :mrgreen:

January 23rd, 2010, 2:55 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1988 2CV6 Special 'El Bastardo'
:D

January 23rd, 2010, 3:00 pm
Beard

I have a photoshop for you. ;)

http://www.rollingonfour.co.uk

January 23rd, 2010, 3:12 pm
Max wrote:

I have a photoshop for you. ;)

Oooooooh.....I haven't had a play with it with PS yet. Cheers dude. :D

January 23rd, 2010, 3:21 pm
Job one......driver's window. The small tag on the bottom of the frame had busted, so it wouldn't latch closed, and had been taped up. Spanners to the rescue with a replacement which, once the frame had been fettled slightly, slotted into its new home with the minimum of drama. All I need now is to replace the weatherstrip between the two panes of glass, as the old one has become brittle and snapped off.....and the replacement hadn't got one on it at all. So if i don't want a faceful of rainwater every time I go above 40mph, I'll have to remove it, put some new weatherstrip on, and refit it all again. Numpty.

Still, it keeps me off the streets.
:D

January 23rd, 2010, 5:41 pm
Field Plougher

whens it getting slammed :D it looks like mine did when I first got/had built it.

January 23rd, 2010, 5:47 pm
lovin' the snatch

I knew you would Brian!!!! all them facebook chats from last year, i knew you'd get another, its just tooo hard to resist! :) good times!

Keep Them Looking Standard.

1979 Myosotis Blue Dyane6
1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6
1989 Vert Bamboo 2cv6 D*lly (in bits)

January 23rd, 2010, 6:43 pm
Quick question. I've deciphered the build code, and although it wasn't UK-registered until November, it was built on June 22nd, 1988. Does that make it Paris or Portugese-built???

January 23rd, 2010, 7:41 pm
super slot

Portugese. Have a look at the etchings in the windows; 'Saint Gobain' is France, 'Covina' is Portugal. There are other distinguishing features.

The last 2cv left the Levallois production line on Friday 26th February, 1988. ;)

January 23rd, 2010, 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Neil wrote:
Portugese. Have a look at the etchings in the windows; 'Saint Gobain' is France, 'Covina' is Portugal. There are other distinguishing features.

The last 2cv left the Levallois production line on Friday 26th February, 1988. ;)

Cheers, Neil. I was right, so there's no need to change his name to 'Le Batard' in that case. :lol:

January 23rd, 2010, 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next