View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 1986/8/9? 2cv6 Special Poppy :) 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1986/8/9? 2cv6 Special Poppy :)
It's like the original D*lly colour scheme but in black. Now if that had been a standard colour, Dollys would be :twisted:

February 10th, 2010, 1:04 am
Field Plougher

samfieldhouse wrote:
It's like the original D*lly colour scheme but in black. Now if that had been a standard colour, Dollys would be :twisted:

and maybe they'd have called them pin ups not dollys :lol:

February 10th, 2010, 6:00 pm
lovin' the snatch

Havent been here for quite a while!

time for a few updates eh :)

Poppy's been a great car! hasnt really missed a beat! ok... so for some reason one of my coil connections kept coming off and i was pulling over every now and then untill i bit the bleeding bullet connector and it hasnt come off since! other than my condensor going abit pete tong and replacing my points n condensor with brand new shiny pieces... turns out the new condensor i fitted monday night was also completely shagged and she was missfiring and backfiring more than ever before! so shes currently running on a borrowed points box from lily... yes i still have that one too :/ untill that is, my shiny new lumenition set up arrives... once i've ordered it that is! :lol:

anyways, cant believe i havent posted anything since february!

too much talking, im sure the pics tell a better story than i could!

in no order at all...

she got treated to a lovely wash last week

i've been waved at and had photos taken on the m25! not that i knew about all this as i wasnt staring at everything around me like i normally am!

harry.... wash your arms man! :P

she got some lovely new headlight bulbs!

and a new roof

just one of her "optional extras"

and well you see, i got rather bored with that straight pipe down the side, so made up something abit more, Harry Brookes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJRpgjn64f4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKcwm441z4A

more updates tomorrow, when i finally get that big dash and door trimmings i've been ranting about for however long!

Keep Them Looking Standard.

1979 Myosotis Blue Dyane6
1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6
1989 Vert Bamboo 2cv6 D*lly (in bits)

October 20th, 2010, 2:17 am
Firing on two.

Oooow....I want twin exhausts now! 8-)

October 20th, 2010, 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
lovin' the snatch

yeah they are pretty sweet! i couldnt imagine having a little sidepipe anymore! its odd because although theres 2 of them, inside the car its not half as loud as you'd imagine! with a sidepipe the exhaust noise comes into the car but with the tailpipes you dont hear it as much! obviously with the revs up... yes you can! :)

yesterdays latest addition

currently only have the front door trims on, only got 1 back one, which is a bit shagged, so will hunt around for some more rear ones!

also something dodgy happened yesterday! when taking out the old dash, i took out all lights and switches individually and plugged them back in 1 by 1, so i knew i wasnt messing up any connections etc! i turned the ignition on, when everything was out and she blew a fuse (dashboard switches/lights etc) and couldnt figure out what had blown it, but replaced it and everything was fine, but every now n then after i've been out in the car or its been standing with the ignition on for a couple of mins say, if i get out the car, i get a nice electric shock! which i never had before untill yesterday! but i keep thinking, surely if i've got a live contacting the body then she'd be blowing fuses all the time? dad seems to think its because i didnt keep the little rubbers behind the old dash when fitting the new backing plate for my big dash?...

gonna have to take some pics of this dash for the show us your speedo thread! as it goes upto 80 instead of 70 now :P

1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6

October 21st, 2010, 4:06 pm
lovin' the snatch

So... It's been a hell of a long time since i posted anything about her!

quick recap - she was originally a 1986 car, fitted with a galvo chassis in 97, then a portugese (89) bodyshell and a recon high comp engine around the same time! since my ownership the body has deteriorated a large friend snapped my nearside spring can in half last year and then this year i mangled the nearside front arm in the snow! somehow i've been driving on it since february!

so i had a phone call from a bloke in Rugby friday morning saying someone had given him my number, he has a 2cv he's selling for spares would i be interested!

extremely hung over i was yesterday i battled the sickyness and drove over to rugby to have a gander!

basically! apart from 1 flattened B pillar (car was tipped over by some kids apparently) the body is near mint! but the bloke selling it said it had a weak chassis... weak is not the word, the chassis has gone! not a problem as i have a perfectly good galvo one with my knackered shell on top!

it's had at least the drivers front floor done (lovely patch there) didnt look too much further into it but the rest of the shell is sound, couldnt find any visual rot, or brush strokes! the thing i like about the shell is that unlike mine, it's pretty much unmolested! no filled up n painted over rear windows, the sills and C pillars are original, not rotten and the doors all shut in the right places! all the wings are tidy albeit the offside wings have been repaired due to the car being on its side and the front wing has got a rather unusual side repeater which wants replacing for an original!

It has an Engine and Box although the alternator is for some reason missing and he doesnt know what happened to that! He says it runs when jumped or fitted with a battery that isnt dead! and under the bonnet all looked quite clean and tidy!

so it's going to be picked up not this week but next week, and hopefully all swapped from 1 chassis to another very soon after! i'm debating whether to run the engine n box from that car too and that gives me time to get my engine sorted as it needs rings and seals etc... not a long job but if it stays on the chasssis i'll just end up putting it off again!

1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6

October 28th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Aircooled Idiot

Cool!' Howich did that cost you of you don't mind me asking ??

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 28th, 2012, 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

James,what the frig is a HOWICH :?:

October 28th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Location: Alone in my polytunnel with my pitiful competition onions
Gay_Joe wrote:
quick recap - she was originally a 1986 car, fitted with a galvo chassis in 97, then a portugese (89) bodyshell and a recon high comp engine around the same time!

Trigger's broom. :lol:

October 28th, 2012, 10:12 pm
lovin' the snatch

One five zero Mr Wallace! £150 and I'm not complaining! After seeing that white n yellow thing with its front lights hanging off, bonnet fallen off, roof shagged and the boot fallen off sell on ebay for £199 I'm quite happy :)

1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6

Last edited by JRW_91 on October 30th, 2012, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 29th, 2012, 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next