View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 1986/8/9? 2cv6 Special Poppy :) 
lovin' the snatch

Post 1986/8/9? 2cv6 Special Poppy :)
1986 well, was, Galvo Chassis back in 97 is the main bit stuck in my head from all the documentation that was there, He's called Hercule, sunrise red special, again!

currently at standard ride height!

michelins on the front, firestones on the rear, but i'll be swapping them for the 135s on lily! and my black rims!

Bodywork: GOOD, shell is good, windscreen surround, looks new! rear sweeps and light panel - look great! all doors good, except o/s rear, which i'll also be swapping for the decent one i got for lily! Sills, o/s looks good and solid, original! nearside's had some welding at the rear, but other than that, good and solid! rear seatbelt mounts have been worked on but solid! bulkhead and floorpans have been replaced and look good and rust free! roof looks a little shrunk and discoloured... again, Lily has a good one! not that i want to steal everything off her, she has to go eventually!

C-Pillars, offside, replaced, nearside, repaired, atm cant remember much more, all the wings look a little DIY painted, but all good and solid!

so, his story

originally from Southampton, previous owner is a young girl, shes gone to uni and cant afford to keep him anymore! before that was another female owner, and before her too! dates back to 93 on the old logbook, so someone had him from 86 to 93! He comes with a fair wedge of service history, Bills etc well maintained, looks pretty much no expense spared! galvo chassis in 97, bodyshell change a few years back, always had work done when needed!

the timing is out abit, and the points will need changing, will do a full service on him once we've picked him up, which will be later this week!

now for what you all really want :)

but yes, a cheap, very good condition 2cv, so, unfortunately, Lily has to go soon!

she'll be up sale soon, advertised on here, and on ebay :) although she'll go back to standard ride heigh, silenced, etc etc!

Keep Them Looking Standard.

1979 Myosotis Blue Dyane6
1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6
1989 Vert Bamboo 2cv6 D*lly (in bits)

Last edited by JRW_91 on February 8th, 2010, 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

February 1st, 2010, 4:17 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: Hercule...
Looks like a tidy find Joe - will it be coming to Firkin Freezin, or will that be Lily's final outing?

February 1st, 2010, 5:02 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

There'll be no mention of that succession of careful owners she's had, then... :roll:

ken.

Gay_Joe wrote:

she'll be up sale soon, advertised on here, and on ebay :) although she'll go back to standard ride height, silenced, etc etc!

February 1st, 2010, 5:55 pm
Quality purchase. 8-)

February 1st, 2010, 7:55 pm
Field Plougher

its definitly summer of the red spesh on i2f. nice 8-)

February 1st, 2010, 7:55 pm
Firing on two.

Gay_Joe wrote:

unfortunately, Lily has to go soon!

she'll be up sale soon, advertised on here, and on ebay :) although she'll go back to standard ride heigh, silenced, etc etc!

Most yards round here were paying about £60 a ton last time I checked.

February 1st, 2010, 8:01 pm
lovin' the snatch

Rumble602 wrote:
Looks like a tidy find Joe - will it be coming to Firkin Freezin, or will that be Lily's final outing?

He will be coming to FF Aidan :) I will be changing insurance from Lily to Hercule on thursday and driving him home from huntingdon! :)

Ken... she has a new front wing now, few more bits tidying up before she goes, and erm no, i'm a constant sunday driver :)

Louis - i had one already ;) now i have a better one :D

Russell - i'll let the world of ebay decide how much she goes for :)

is it bad luck to change a cars name? because i dont now if i want to keep him as Hercule... or even as a he!

1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6

Last edited by JRW_91 on February 2nd, 2010, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 1st, 2010, 11:22 pm
Firing on two.

you know Joe, what you could do is keep Lilly for spares and sell Freddie... That way you'd have lots of nice red panels spare to swap around.

Of course you'd need to find somebody that particularly wants a green/white D*lly..... ;)

February 2nd, 2010, 12:37 am
lovin' the snatch

Lol, sam, he needs alot of work, quite a few bits are missing due to me "borrowing" them :P he still needs the floors welding, and... everything else welding... an engine... doors and panels are all good though! Lily is still complete, and much easier to sell a whole car than one thats scattered around a room!

oh and guess what happend to me today...

keys in pocket... unlocked front door... got inside... key in ignition... key didnt turn... looks down at keys... hmmm these arent my keys... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sh*t.... Hercule's keys!!! person of habbit... take keys out of the ignition... get out car, keys in pocket... completely forget... drive 40 miles home... find out next day...

1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6

February 2nd, 2010, 2:11 am
Firing on two.

Gay_Joe wrote:
doors and panels are all good though!

*cough* yes my point exactly ;) Could fund some work on Hercule...

February 2nd, 2010, 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next