View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A Dutchman 

Post A Dutchman
Good evening everyone,

Here I will introduce myself. I am Frank, 26 years old and live in the south of the Netherlands in the place Veldhoven.
As several 2CV drivers I'm completely crazy about old Citroen. At the moment the're 2 Citroën in m'n garage.
First my DS 19 from 1961 (first model): Image
My second car 2cv AZLP from 1960: http://picasaweb.google.be/v.samang/Ker ... 8183640114
With the 2cv i went to Sweden (Borlange) 3600km and last summer to Most (CZ) 1600km. In the summer of 2010 we, a group of young 2cv enthusiasts, would like to come to a 2cv event/meeting in GB. Is there a meeting (really) to recommend, because we have no idea? Thanks!

December 24th, 2009, 8:58 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: A Dutchman
Hi Frank, welcome along.

You're so lucky to have a DS, especially at 26! I am 27 and still have never been lucky enough to own one. One day...

Yes, there is a good meeting this summer, the 24hr race at Snetterton, Norfolk. we'd like to get a big crowd of 2cvs from all over to visit it and support it, like the Belgian 24hr race in Spa (which I'm sure you've seen).

The weekend after, the UK 2cv club, 2cvgb is holding its annual meeting, it is a quite a drive, but if you and your friends are interested, we can arrange a convoy and a camp for the couple of nights after the race and before the 2cv camp?

Also, you and your Dutch friends will be able to cheer on the Flying Dutchmen 2cv racing team, I am sure you must have sen thier awesome race car?

Do you have any pictures of your 2cv?

December 24th, 2009, 9:19 pm
Firing on two.

I'll second that Russell. The 2cv 24hr is a fantastic weekend, I'll be putting in my request for that weekend off work :D

Some lovely cars there Frank, I'd love a Ripple Bonnet 2cv.

December 24th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Russell Her some pictures of my car:
It's a 425cc 12hp AZLP with the 'cluth' i cant explain but i think you will know wath i mean :D
Also thank you for the information about some events in GB. Is there on the web some info?

December 24th, 2009, 9:44 pm
Firing on two.

the trafficlutch, centrifugal and conventional clutch combined?

There's very little information about the race, and we're still negotiating about promoting the event via this website, but as soon as information is available, it'll be here! It is likely to be late august.

December 24th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Beard

Hi Frank, Nice to see your cars and to intorduce yourself.

Probably the biggest UK event would be the National which is happening at the end of the August, but as russ suggested, The 24hr is the hopefully the weekend before, so you could make a weekend of it.

Be good to get a load of dutch to a meeting. I love the dutch attitude. Do you think many would be interested in coming over? A lot of the brits have started doing more and more european meetings now rather that just world meetings. I reckon a lot would do Waggel this year but its clashes with the French National. :(

http://www.rollingonfour.co.uk

December 25th, 2009, 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]