View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 16th, 2024, 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next
 LGY 275P Rises Again! 
Firing on two.

Post Re: LGY 275P Rises Again!
Well A month has passed and little done, been busy with other stuff!!!...And doesn't look like I'm going to make Register Day Unfortunately..Bugger

Still got probs with the lack of drive problem...
Did what Ipgo said disconnected the clutch cable started it up, and got sparks coming from just behind the flywheel!! Which was nice!!!! so I gave up there like!!
Have just ordered one of the kit car clutch cables from Ecas, as I seems to match the one I have!!

Fingers crossed, just can't understand why it now doesn't work!!!???

Have also moved it to its new home (my garage at home now) complete lack of space but at least I can now work on it much easier!! And have also added some joe to the panels and they have seemed to come up rather nicely....Almost lost the ole Rat look!!

Have also Had a bit of a mid life thingy (at only 36!!!!!) and have brought a Scooby as u can see from the Pic...
Wanted a bit of Boxer/flat 4 action before I get the dyane on the road!!
The turbo and 4wd help aswell...

Saying I won't make register all that really needs doing is the drive problem sorted as Have now got the new seats fitted got the new panels on, exhaust needs fitting and the front lights etc wiring up and a few other little jobs....
If I pull me finger owt I might just make it..

Attachments:
29052011198.jpg
29052011198.jpg [ 565.34 KiB | Viewed 3879 times ]
14062011202.jpg
14062011202.jpg [ 541.69 KiB | Viewed 3879 times ]
14062011204.jpg
14062011204.jpg [ 420.91 KiB | Viewed 3879 times ]

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

If you don't play the game, don't make the fecking rules..
June 16th, 2011, 2:50 pm
super slot

The Impreza will make a good engine donor... for the Dyane. :)

You're on the home stretch now, Matt - one last push.

June 16th, 2011, 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

This one's still being awkward then. I suspect that the sparks were from the clutch arm rubbing on the flywheel, did you try turning the engine over by hand?

The other way would be to jack up one wheel and see if the compression of the engine prevents you from turning the wheel when the box is in gear.

Is there a cut-out in the bottom of the bell housing through which you can access the clutch arm? can you also see the gearbox input shaft from there? Perhaps peer through this whole with a torch while an assistant turns the engine over, and see if the shaft turns.

Don't lose heart Matt, I'm sure the problems right there, just waiting to be found.

June 17th, 2011, 12:19 am
gym bunny

is it the correct flywheel? Should be ami super i think. i fitted my 1300 with the existing flywheel and it caught on the clutch fork big time and wouldnt bolt up right without bending stuff.
remember with a flat 4 a-series, nothing is as it seems!

June 21st, 2011, 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Cheers for the comments fella, and Joolz I suppose I will figure it owt eventually!!

New clutch cable has arrived, With a bit of a struggle its now on, seems to fit ok and a good pedal, went to start to test it out, Battery flat!!! hook up charger not bloody working!! Bollocks...........

Oh Well Back to it 2moro night see what I can't achieve!!

((And Yes Tim I presume flywheel is fine, have had engine out about 4 times now and seems to bolt up fine everytime!!))

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

June 23rd, 2011, 11:33 pm
Firing on two.

Seem to be making a bit of progress, filled gearbox with oil after a change of!!
Jacked one wheel up put in gear and try to turn the wheel it was solid, looks hopefully but can't test until I can get engine started,

Got the brakes bleed, for the first time anyway, there good those one man brake bleed kits!!!

Just the other problem to solve now the bloody accelerator cable the stanard one does not fit!!
I wander if a GS One would??? Anyone know???

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

June 27th, 2011, 11:19 pm
I know a GS one won't fit, they're a very short affair. I've always used a 2cv one maybe with a modification or two.......

Ah, thinking about it now, I think I made one for the last one from the accelerator cable kits Citroen sell-they're quite pricey but, you should be able to pick one(or something similar) up on Ebay for not too much I'd have thought?

June 28th, 2011, 8:08 am
Field Plougher

Make one, but use plumbing solder or one with a high lead content, other wise you'll drive about 100 m before it snaps.

June 28th, 2011, 8:16 am
Firing on two.

Well I have now made one, Gs at carb end attached to a dyane one to pedal, slight problem now is where the plastic adjusty thing connects into the bulk head, there is a large messy hole the plastic bit doesn't lock in at all!! Another job to do hey!!

As I type this the battery is on charge so hopefully 2nite I'll be able to see if any of the stuff I've been playing about with actually works!!

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

Not going to make register day though, But Croft at the end of july is possible either in the beast or the scooby......Anyone off here going to croft, as it would be great to meet up with some of you in the flesh!!!

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

June 30th, 2011, 6:26 pm
See you at Croft then Matt. You can't miss us and the mint green beast!

July 1st, 2011, 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next