View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 UDAC T shirts... 
Firing on two.

Post UDAC T shirts...
..are available! along with stickers. Coming soon are UDAC Czech republi shirts and stickers once the desgn has been finalised. details from Ben Waldron email him at fishconcept@yahoo.co.uk

Pictures when I figure out how...

February 2nd, 2009, 2:16 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: UDAC T shirts...
Mine is in the post at the moment. Udac CZ T's - consider my order placed. One Large. Nice one Ben!!

February 2nd, 2009, 7:44 pm
Trouble Maker

Have offered Ben our services

Was UDAC through and through in the 80's and still am. I lived just around the corner from my good mate Mick, who I miss dreadfully.

Rich
"To those who like us - great and to those that dont......" Mick Playfor

www.barbour4x4.com

February 3rd, 2009, 12:41 am
Hi to all, esp little rich,

I knew Mickey slightly as a kid, but well as an adult!! He is still greatly missed everywhere... I especially miss his dry- but always spot-on humour, and his cartoons...

UDAC sort of faded a bit following Mickeys passing, put the spirit has always been there! and it is amazing what a few T-shirts and stickers will do! UDAC 2009 appears to be up and running, a "test-drive" at Registers Day this year in on the cards, followed by the whole WM experience, then a slight wind-down, or wind-up ass needs be at the Cambridge 2CVGB International..!

Czech WM t-shirts and stickers will be available "soon" ie within the next month, please get in touch below

As Russell mentioned above, standard yellow UDAC T-shirts and stickers are available from fishconcept@yahoo.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, or just ring me on 01440 708224 (evening please!)

cheers all,
Ben

February 3rd, 2009, 1:45 am
Firing on two.

Ben W wrote:

I knew Mickey slightly as a kid, but well as an adult!! He is still greatly missed everywhere... I especially miss his dry- but always spot-on humour, and his cartoons...

UDAC sort of faded a bit following Mickeys passing, put the spirit has always been there!

Is this Mick Playfor you're talking about? Lovely bloke. When did he pass away? AFAI recall, he had a doctor tell him he only had months to live in the late 1980s, so I hope he lived long after that.

I guess 'young' Reg must also no longer be with us, since he must've been in his seventies in the mid 1980s.

Surely T-shirts are a all bit 'establishment' for the spirit of UDAC ?!! ;)

Rich:
Wasn't the exact quote:
"Here's to those who like us..... Those that don't f**koff..."?

February 3rd, 2009, 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Micky passed away in autumn 2004, just over a year after UDAC had held his wake, which he attended!

Young Reg passed away in about 1994 or 1995 I think. I still remember attending his birthday party at a 602 Squadron camp in 1987, when I was 7. It was actually his 21st birthday party, as he'd never had a real 21st celebration due to him having been captured by the Germans on that day!

February 3rd, 2009, 11:07 am
Firing on two.

Surely advertising UDAC gear is against the whole spirit of UDAC...?

"If you have to ask, you're not in..."

(But put Ellie & me down for one XL and one L, please)

February 3rd, 2009, 12:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Jono wrote:
Micky passed away in autumn 2004, just over a year after UDAC had held his wake, which he attended!

Young Reg passed away in about 1994 or 1995 I think. I still remember attending his birthday party at a 602 Squadron camp in 1987, when I was 7. It was actually his 21st birthday party, as he'd never had a real 21st celebration due to him having been captured by the Germans on that day!

RIP both.

Mick and I shared the same birthday, Oct7 (coincidentally the launch date of the 2CV in '48......) although not the same year!

February 3rd, 2009, 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Udac needs a kick start, and Ben's done a great job. Anyone on this forum is a prime candidate for member ship, such as it is. You can bet the interest at Euro camps will be huge for the new T's. Hope some of the cash raised can be put to funds of some sort - I'd chip in some cash to help the old bitch float again.

February 3rd, 2009, 8:16 pm
Hi all, thanks for the response, fab!

Sadly "Young" Reg Myhill passed away in (I think) Dec 2004, he had just re-appeared on the scene and was planning on attending the 1995 meet in Slovenia, but of course didn't make it, which is why the 1995 UDAC Slovenia shirt was all about "Regs' Sledges"...

Anyway Adrian, UDAC has to move with the times, as I am saddled with kiddies and can't get to so many camps as in the good old days, then t'internet is the best place to advertise to the "global market! or something, arf! Or to spread the word, please do so mate!...

I must stress that UDAC is not all about causing chaos and mayhem, the founders were genuinely concerned about the future of the 2CV, even back in the mid-1970s. It is worth noting that at two early members have gone on to found highly successfull 2CV/Citroen-related businesses! However UDAC proved that it is possible to be deadly serious about the survival of a car, and yet still have rowdy fun.

Will and Russ have volunteered to take the shirts and stickers to the European camps,(Waggel etc) good times ahead! And spread the word

(i must stress that (with the current t-shirts etc) this is a cost-covering exercise only!)

Roll on Registers Day, the WM, and the International

cheers all, Spread the word, Ben

"if you have to ask, then you're not in" still applies!

February 4th, 2009, 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next