View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lack of posts... 
Firing on two.

Post Lack of posts...
Have most people gone to Fakebook?

June 24th, 2020, 11:36 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: Lack of posts...
I hope not, Facebook is a pain when you need to find anything. you see a post, blink and its gone !

This is a much more usable interface with valuable information going back years !!

June 24th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Firing on two.

Facebook? Bloody hell, does that old shit still exist? I drop kicked it many years ago.

June 24th, 2020, 3:24 pm
Firing on two.

The main reason for a lack of me posting content to the forum is because I made an absolute howler of a decision last September that I'm now living with and regretting every day.
I took the 2CV down to the south Midlands to visit family and get the car serviced and MOT'ed, as I do every year. With a new fresh MOT issued I made the decision to leave it in my sister's garage over the winter (to allow more space in my garage to get at the Morris) and hired a car to drive back to Aberdeen to catch the ferry home to Shetland. I was due to catch the ferry down to Aberdeen the week before Easter and travel down to Worcestershire and bring the 2CV home to Shetland two weeks later, but Boris the Bungler ruined my plans. Actually, because Shetland had an early spike in cases we went into a form of lockdown up to two weeks before the rest of the UK. We've been effectively cut off from the rest of the UK. Up until Friday of last week, Northlink Ferries has had very strict criteria for individuals to be allowed to travel. Even now it's restricted to islanders only (or freight, as before). I'm hoping to be able to head down in the next couple of weeks. I'm seriously missing my Deuche. :lol:

June 24th, 2020, 3:43 pm
Firing on two.

Faceache? No thanks.

Not surprised you're missing it, I would be, especially now the sun has returned.

Here in France, as nearly everywhere else, there's been so little going on due to The Plague (or leaked Chinese Chemical Weapon, if you prefer) so therefore few postings of our local meets, spots and 'sorties'. In fact our monthly meetings only started up again this month, the last being early March, and we only have one 'sortie' planned so far.....in September. Rest assured that if interesting stuff turns up at our meetings etc, I'll be posting pics.

Gonna be a quiet, low kilometreage(?) year, this one.

June 24th, 2020, 3:57 pm
Firing on two.

In my opinion it is not only the virus restricting measures that make that people do not use their 2Cv , as before, it is also the mood of people at the moment.
The uncertainty of the next future, the anger about (mis)information from the governments, WHO etc. It has a very deep inpact in all our lives.
People do not laugh any more and if they do, you can not see it .
For me it is the third world war, and it is concerning everyone personaly .
Yesterday I went to the local hospital with my wife for her regular checkup.
The first after many months. The doctor ( no mask, the staff, no mask, we no mask !!) said he felt helpless and that it is a war agains humanity , only for big money .
My sons girlfriend is stuck in Britain , hope she can come over in the next future. A friend of us, living in Turkey, was in Holland to visit his parents, he went home last friday after many months stuck in Holland.
His business in Turkey lost a lot of money, because there where no tourists coming .
Hope he will not go bankrupt.
And although 2CV-ing make you happy, at the moment many people are in uncertanty , and it makes them sad .

Ez a türelem kérdése.........

June 25th, 2020, 8:04 am
Firing on two.

Well, some good news, finally :D

My new chassis was completed by Ken H, just as lockdown happened. In Scotland, the rule has been only essential travel and only 5 miles for exercise.

Yesterday the 5 mile rule was relaxed so now I will be able to head south, (nearly 240 miles....) to collect.

I'll keep my rebuild thread going for anyone thats interested !

Cheers
Gerry

June 25th, 2020, 9:44 am
Firing on two.

Good news, keep safe and Yes to posting.

ps
Remind Ken about the forum.

June 25th, 2020, 10:16 am
Firing on two.

Jonathan wrote:
I'm hoping to be able to head down in the next couple of weeks. I'm seriously missing my Deuche. :lol:

Decided I couldn't wait a couple of weeks. I've just booked Saturday Night's ferry to Aberdeen :lol: Can't wait to get back behind the wheel of the 2CV :D Just hope the thing starts after sitting in the garage since it was last used on New Year's Day :roll:

June 25th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Firing on two.

Get some “Easy Start” saves cranking when the petrol is being slow:)

June 25th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next