View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What no rejoicing or comment ! 
Firing on two.

Post Re: What no rejoicing or comment !
Its seems a lot of admin/legalese for a what is a "few" cars, based on the 31 Million cars currently on our roads.

ps
For me No road tax of Vehicles older than 25 years (rolling) but still require an MOT.

September 23rd, 2017, 11:23 am
Firing on two.

I'm fine with paying VED but £150pa is bloody steep, especially when the Golf is only costing me £30pa and it's the main car doing the bulk of the yearly mileage. I think VED should be set at a certain level for the first three years of a car's life (up to the first MOT), then year three can be based on dividing the mileage by 3 to get an average for each of the first three years, then be based on the annual mileage as taken at MOT time each successive year for the following 12 months. If that makes sense.

September 23rd, 2017, 6:15 pm
Firing on two.

Can anyone throw any light (and point to evidence) on when Bedouin's were built please?

My doner was registered 16/06/78

September 23rd, 2017, 6:35 pm
Firing on two.

Jonathan wrote:
I'm fine with paying VED but £150pa is bloody steep, especially when the Golf is only costing me £30pa and it's the main car doing the bulk of the yearly mileage. I think VED should be set at a certain level for the first three years of a car's life (up to the first MOT), then year three can be based on dividing the mileage by 3 to get an average for each of the first three years, then be based on the annual mileage as taken at MOT time each successive year for the following 12 months. If that makes sense.

Just do away with it and put it on the fuel. The more miles you do, the more you pay. The bigger the car, the more you pay. The tax collection system is already in place and you could streamline the work of the DVLA, i.e. reduce its costs. It's only the manufacturers who would complain because they make more money on big cars.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

September 23rd, 2017, 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2