View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The price of petrol.... 
Firing on two.

Post Re: The price of petrol....
lpgo wrote:
Well as you know I, m driving on LPG for about 20 years now. Here in the Netherlands 1 liter costs about 60 eurocent.. But I drive always just across the Belgium border and suddenly a liter Lpg cost around 27 eurocent per liter.. Germany is about the same as the Netherlands..

Driving on Lpg injection I do about the same milage running on petrol or lpg..
Power output is also at the same level as petrol..

Petrol is about 1.30 euro (in Germany en Belgium) Here in the Netherlands it is about 1.40

So each km I save at least 10 cents for the last 20 years.. So a 3 times hura for Lpg..

Ps. I never experienced more wear of my engines driving on LPG..

Lucky you. We can have LPG on our cars, but it is practically killed by our ridiculous tax politics. If someone want to have LPG on car, there is a "little payment" to have with...

Only 330€/day what make 120450€/year. We can use LPG for example on fork lifters at inside of buildings, and it's good clean fuel, but not in road cars. LPG was tested some decades ago, and some made required modifications before they put that tax on them, but when they noticed that at goverment they made an excuse and said "we don't have enough LPG for cars, but if someone really want to use the LPG they can use it after that payment"...

Can't understand that...

September 9th, 2017, 12:37 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Lpg is a waste product when petrol/diesel is made so there shoukd be plenty of it.. I think it is also the less poluting fuell there is..

If my car was younger then 40 years I had to pay 100,- euro roadtax a month but because itis older then 40 years I pay no tax at all

To be honest. These are the main reasons why I drive these cars as a daily driver..

jasu wrote:
lpgo wrote:
Well as you know I, m driving on LPG for about 20 years now. Here in the Netherlands 1 liter costs about 60 eurocent.. But I drive always just across the Belgium border and suddenly a liter Lpg cost around 27 eurocent per liter.. Germany is about the same as the Netherlands..

Driving on Lpg injection I do about the same milage running on petrol or lpg..
Power output is also at the same level as petrol..

Petrol is about 1.30 euro (in Germany en Belgium) Here in the Netherlands it is about 1.40

So each km I save at least 10 cents for the last 20 years.. So a 3 times hura for Lpg..

Ps. I never experienced more wear of my engines driving on LPG..

Lucky you. We can have LPG on our cars, but it is practically killed by our ridiculous tax politics. If someone want to have LPG on car, there is a "little payment" to have with...

Only 330€/day what make 120450€/year. We can use LPG for example on fork lifters at inside of buildings, and it's good clean fuel, but not in road cars. LPG was tested some decades ago, and some made required modifications before they put that tax on them, but when they noticed that at goverment they made an excuse and said "we don't have enough LPG for cars, but if someone really want to use the LPG they can use it after that payment"...

Can't understand that...

Russ

September 9th, 2017, 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

[quote="AZL57"]some swedish scientist did figure out the the making of one EV puts out the same amount of co2 as driving another car for 7 years. EVs are nice for inner city and local driving but the rest? If you go on holiday after emptying the batterrry you are stranded for while to charge the thing up provided you find a loading point in rural france for instance. And if everyone goes driving EV where they would have to get all the power from???[/quote

Ah yes, that old chestnut used by the oil industry to try and dissuade the public from moving away from petrol and diesel engined cars. Has been proven those scientists were funded by the oil industry for starters. There was another 'scientific study' in Norway that claimed EVs produce greater amounts of particulates from their brakes and tyres. What utter nonsense! All vehicles have tyres and brakes. EVs use their brakes far less than an ICE vehicle because the electric motor works as the brake. It's called regenerative braking. You can drive with just the accelerator pedal (one pedal driving) and the regen can be strong enough to get the brake lights to work. The UK National Grid published a report last month that the likes of The Daily Fail newspaper extracted sections to 'predict' a "melt down" of the grid. The boss of NG rubbished that and has said EVs can help with the smoother delivery of power. You get high demand during the day and lower demand at night when the population is sleeping. If there was a million EVs plugged into the grid via Smart Chargers overnight, and by 7am they're all fully charged up, the owners can 'sell' back a small percentage of the power into the grid via the charger to boost the overall grid. It smooths out the peaks and troughs which improves the system.

There's an old saying. First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win. The oil industry is currently fighting.

And one more thing. The UK has enough wind to power the Grid four times over. And that doesn't mean the country will be covered in turbines.

I won't go into the details of the cost of refining oil into petrol and diesel.

September 9th, 2017, 2:03 pm
2CV Fan

50% of the electricity in the world is still produced with coal
in belgium is the majority of our electricity from nuclear power
anyway my next car will not be electric simply because i am not planning to drive anything else than a 2cv for the rest of my life!

September 24th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2