View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 RR Summer Slam pics. (mainly non-A-Series content) 
Post RR Summer Slam pics. (mainly non-A-Series content)
I took Hellbilly to The Ace. He loved it. Here's some pics.
:mrgreen:
Album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/damaged23/sets/72157621530215447/

July 19th, 2009, 11:47 am
super slot

Post Re: RR Summer Slam pics. (mainly non-A-Series content)
how's hellbilly running now, Bri?

July 19th, 2009, 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: RR Summer Slam pics. (mainly non-A-Series content)
Neil wrote:
how's hellbilly running now, Bri?

Well I did have a minor scare on the way back...I'd just negotiated the notorious Hanger Lane Gyratory System on the North Circular and got myself onto Western Avenue (which is the A40/M40, my way home), when there I was sat at the legal 40mph maximum when this ALMIGHTY chattering noise started from under the bonnet. 'Oh Noes' thought I, and pulled to a halt in a bus-stop. It was still doing it intermittently on idle, so i cut it off, checked everything visible....all looked normal. Grabbed the starting-handle and checked the fan pulley...all OK. Fired it up again, nice and quiet. So I closed the bonnet and thought 'I'll pull into Maccys on the Target Roundabout at Northolt (which was about 500 metres in front of me) and ring the RAC'. Anyway, I pulled away and it did it again in bottom gear, changed into 2nd.....quiet again.

So I drove past Maccy's, past the Target Roundabout, back onto the A40 and 105 miles/1hr 40mins later was on my drive. Never repeated itself!! Clutch/gearbox related? Who knows. There are no more long journeys to shows etc planned for this year now, so doubtless if it's anything bad it can be sorted out. It got me home, like it always seems to do. I LOVE that car.

Anyway with the CPD valve you so kindly posted to me it runs better than it did and certainly seems to start more willingly. It's still losing oil, but not as much....was not even a cupful in 230 miles.
:D

July 19th, 2009, 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]