View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What Else Do You Drive? 
Firing on two.

Post Re: What Else Do You Drive?
With one exception, I have always driven classic Citroën's. For me, there really is no other car worth driving as a daily driver, than Citroën models developed before 1990. XM being the last proper Citroën.

Anyway, these are my cars that I own now, which I have collected over many years.
I can't se me selling any of them! But three of them has a special place in my heart. The yellow 2CV <3 , the black DS and the CX.

Daily drive during winter, XM 2,0i -90. Dirt cheap, unbeatable comfort for the money, easy to repair and reliable. What more can you possibly want from a daily driver? This car used to belong to my grandfather, and I got it in 2016. The interior is almost like new. No rust. It has done 220.000km, which is nothing for these cars.

My CX 25 GTi automatic -89. I grew up with the CX model. My father drove 8 CX'es from 1977 to 2000. I'll probably never sell this one. Bought it in 2000 as a low milage car, in "like new" condition. I used it for several years, and it is no longer a low milage car, but in excellent condition. It's in storage, I will probably never sell this one.

One of my daily drives during summer, my DS 21 ieh Pallas -70. Black with black leather interior. No rust, and never had any rust repairs in the chassis. Bought it in 1999. I've done lot's of mechanical work on it, drives good and has become really reliable. Just got the leather seats re-upholstered this winter. Nice, new leather 8-) Will probably never sell this one.

My other DS, a 23 h Pallas -75. Restoration project, bought in 2005.

The other daily drive during summer is my trusted 2CV I use for travels. It's also my first 2CV, and my precious :) Bought as a project and completely rebuilt, in 2006 and took it to my first world meeting in 2007. Have gone to every meeting since. Me and it has traveled a lot. From the artic circle in Norway to the south of Spain, France and Italy.
I love it as much as it is possible to love a thing, and I will NEVER sell this one!

My second 2CV. Bought in 2009. Got it cheap because of a broken gearbox. It has a galvanized original Citroën chassis, club interior, adjustable back rest in driver seat and stainless steel bumpers. It was rebuilt in the mid 90's I think by a Citroën mechanic and enthusiast. everything was changed, using only original parts from Citroën. It's an unusual car for sure. It drives beautifully and a bit different from my other 2CV's, I don't know why... The car's in storage.

My third "2CV-AMI", had it since 2007 and it was in a bad shape. Totally restored during 2016 - 2018.
I decided to do a custom build, with a rolling chassis from AMI6, body from 2CV, and interior from 2CV and AMI6.

My fourth 2CV, bought in 2016. Two owner car, untouched and every nuts and bolts original. Done 60.000km(37000miles). Got it for a fair price and just had to have it. Will just put it away in storage for now. Untouched cars are getting hard to find, so this is a cool thing to have for a 2CV-enthusiast like me.

My fifth 2CV. Had told myself "no more cars!" but then I was offered this and well.....it's a -58. Who can resist, right? It's in bad shape, but I hope to restore it in the future.

I've had many more Citroëns, like more CX, DS, BX and a GSA, but these 8 are the ones I kept.

The Citroën DS are the most amazing car I know
The Citroën 2CV are the most fun car I know

;)

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

Last edited by EirikJ on May 1st, 2018, 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

January 11th, 2017, 6:50 am
Firing on two.

What a fabulous collection, particularly your DS's.

January 11th, 2017, 10:07 am
Firing on two.

Yeah that black DS, mmmmm. And the CX too, hot.

January 11th, 2017, 10:22 am
Firing on two.

Oh, just bought -76 Range Rover. Collect it on next saturday with trailer, with friend and his L-R Disco II...

Why, I don't need it? Just want to have one, and with that price the condition doesn't matter much...

Edit: Model Year corrected, nice surprice because here they don't care about emissions before -78 registered cars...

Last edited by jasu on January 26th, 2017, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 19th, 2017, 12:06 am
Firing on two.

Oh my Lord, what I bought... :lol:

Well, not so rusty I have told. Also had brakes and could drive to trailer, both were not so sure to work...

January 22nd, 2017, 12:39 pm
Firing on two.

Oh, that's an early one with two doors, I'm deeply envious! Here in the UK a good one of these fetches silly money, so I hope you got a bargain.

January 22nd, 2017, 4:02 pm
Firing on two.

^Only some hundred €uros, and story told this car is driven more on airfield than normal roads...

January 22nd, 2017, 6:29 pm
Firing on two.

Bargain of the year then, no question. Good luck with it. Years ago I owned a very secondhand EFi for a couple of years, it had the 3.9 fuel injected V8 in it and was great fun to drive, you could do instant overtakes, like a bike, if conditions were right. Also, it was supremely comfortable to drive long distances too. Just a shame about the fuel bills lol.

January 22nd, 2017, 7:53 pm
Firing on two.

My daily transport the last couple of days. I'm so not a Jag man but I'm really warming to it now its behaving a better.

Its so old! I'm tinkering with it for my boss and rehabilitating it ready for sale. To its credit, it got stuck in a damp corner of a very draughty garage for over 6 months, and we got it out a while ago - it actually started, we hadn't even disconnected the battery.

Not been fun in traffic with sticky brakes, a massive hesitation, and malfunctioning auto box. (Lol!)

Its just needed a bit of sympathetic love though, it started on the button at work this morning at 0630 and I drove home in style. Its got a lovely motor.

Made a change from my bike anyway and I have a bug so it was nice not to be cycling in the frost.

Attachment:
IMAG0699.jpg
IMAG0699.jpg [ 985.72 KiB | Viewed 4929 times ]

February 9th, 2017, 10:12 am
Firing on two.

My "modern" car is an Astra coupe

I also own and drive a 1969 Singer Chamois (Hillman Imp)

Attachments:
sammy 2cv.jpg
sammy 2cv.jpg [ 314.42 KiB | Viewed 4881 times ]

March 11th, 2017, 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next