View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:52 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU 
Firing on two.

YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU
Guys,

Russ's ultimatum of a month or two back seems to have sort of floated away.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5702

He emailed me the other day, to say that he WILL be discontinuing the DD for the hosting of the site soon. This is non-negotiable, and we shouldn't even think of asking him otherwise.

So... do we want I2F to live or to fade away?

THIS IS THE TIME TO DECIDE.
People need to stick their mitt up, and say "Yes, I want to be involved in running this site."

To continue it, we need somebody who's happy to take over the DD for the hosting costs (not expensive, less than a tenner a month from memory), and to account for DONATIONS received and spent. Or, as with Russ, a vaguely benevolent dictator who is happy to run the place with a rod of iron in return for funding it all out of their own pocket. Or we can sell ads.

Form an orderly queue...

October 12th, 2015, 10:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU
It's a good little forum, oddly fast too compared to others. I'd happily chip in but as far as time goes I'm already a bit over committed.
This should be easy enough to sort out though, if the DD is that cheap, & people often like to be moderators I think.

October 13th, 2015, 12:16 am
Firing on two.

personally i,m glad russ is fucking off i sold him my d-olly and all he did was whine and whinge about it on line i posted my replys to him but some of you arse lickers backed him up
tell him i,m still driving the fiat and it went straight thro the mot
andy :D

October 13th, 2015, 3:17 am
Firing on two.

As forums in general seem to be being overtaken by newer kids on the block (bookface etc.) and activity on this one appears to be dwindling maybe it's time to let it slip away into the annals of history.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

October 13th, 2015, 9:21 am
Firing on two.

Happy to contribute £10,but judging by recent activity people are not interested.
Ps no to adverts......

October 13th, 2015, 9:25 am
Firing on two.

Has to be kept, there're 7 years of 'stuff' here, some of it useful, interesting, and informative. Would be a real shame to lose it. Over that time I personally must have spent days rambling on about my car. And there are other threads on here I'd like to be able to access for reference in the future. I'd be happy to contribute to the funds, but also wouldn't have a problem if it had adverts.

October 13th, 2015, 9:41 am
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
Has to be kept, there're 7 years of 'stuff' here, some of it useful, interesting, and informative. Would be a real shame to lose it......
...And there are other threads on here I'd like to be able to access for reference in the future. I'd be happy to contribute to the funds, but also wouldn't have a problem if it had adverts.

I'd happily pay a sub too, it shouldn't be much as Russ has been paying less than a tenner per month total for hosting this forum, that sounds like good value to me. Would we need adverts? I'd just block them with Adblock, anyway.

October 13th, 2015, 10:04 am
Firing on two.

I don't think it needs to be any kind of "sub" - too much ball-ache.

Just a "Here's the tea-and-biccies tin, drop something in it if you appreciate I2F" setup.

October 13th, 2015, 10:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

toomany2cvs wrote:

Just a "Here's the tea-and-biccies tin, drop something in it if you appreciate I2F" setup.

At Registers Day or similar? Might collect enough for the year.

If only the 2CVGB forum was as easy to use as this one, there might not be a need for it and all the data could be exported from here to there.

October 13th, 2015, 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

toomany2cvs wrote:

I'd be happy to contribute the occasional bit of money to the site. Easy enough to add a "paypal" button (or similar) on the site, I'd have thought, to enable voluntary contributions.

As far as offering my time goes: I'm afraid that I simply cannot at this point - due to serious ongoing health issues in my family, which are unlikely to be resolved at any time soon. Sorry.

October 13th, 2015, 1:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next