View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Citoyen ? 
Firing on two.

Post Citoyen ?
anyone got any info on this?

pic taken at weekend in holland.

November 19th, 2014, 12:53 am
2CV Fan

Post Re: Citoyen ?
this comes from a Dutch guy building "2cv" look-a-likes in aluminium - chassis, arm, tubular alu carosserie. From time to time some advertisements are found on a dutch internet market-place.

The only original parts seems to be the hood and fenders - the rest .... keeps you off the streets - crime rates must be lower in that area ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

November 19th, 2014, 1:01 am
Firing on two.

cheers, wondered what engine it was running, my friend who took the pic said it could of been a vauxhall/opal? but said his dutch is not good!!!

November 19th, 2014, 1:13 am
Firing on two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx4UvKD0I0k

November 19th, 2014, 10:59 pm
2CV Fan

oke guys, I've just seen the movie posted by tfaerch - as it is spoken in Dutch I will give you a brief translatation in telegram-style : creator/builder/designer Karel van de Sande was so sick & tired of rust that he desided to make a 2cv in Aluminium as far as possible, working on this project for 2 years now. The engine is a boxer engine with 4 valves per cilinder, production method unique in automotive-country : it has been extruded ( I have absolutely no idea what he means with an extruded engine ??? and he gives no futher details or explanation), the engine runs on natural gas which is stored in small tubes within the chassis, this engine can easily be swapped with to an electric car, car has led lights, the dash panel contains a smart phone for navigation, speed, distance driven. He plans to make a trip to a french meeting to test his engine on a longer distance. He's planning to make jigs for welding chassis, arm, etc. The only original parts are hood and fenders. So far the translation.

I will try to google this guy and his engine because it makes me very curious what it is

November 20th, 2014, 1:33 am
Firing on two.

Crazy but I like the idea and work

fyi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrusion

November 20th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Firing on two.

The outside of the engine looks like it's made of pipe sections, poss. that's what he means by 'extruded'?

November 20th, 2014, 12:54 pm
2CV Fan

I tried to google on his name - citoyen - some other terms resulting in zero ... this short movie on youtube seems to be one-of-a-kind

His engine is a boxer, has 2 x 4 valves, runs on natural gas, it can hardly be anything else than a combustion engine, but this "extrusion"thing in producing such an engine ???

:idea: Perhaps we have to "google" Ken who seems to know a lot of answers to peculiar questions ...

November 21st, 2014, 12:13 am
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Nee, dank je.
Dit is puur en simpel 'Double Nederlandse'... :lol:

azuiper wrote:
I tried to google on his name - citoyen - some other terms resulting in zero ... this short movie on youtube seems to be one-of-a-kind

His engine is a boxer, has 2 x 4 valves, runs on natural gas, it can hardly be anything else than a combustion engine, but this "extrusion"thing in producing such an engine ???

:idea: Perhaps we have to "google" Ken who seems to know a lot of answers to peculiar questions ...

November 21st, 2014, 12:50 am
2CV Fan

Hi Ken,

in the USA "double dutch" has a very doubtful meaning for a Dutchman - is that meaning in Englisch the same ??

November 21st, 2014, 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next