View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 2CV Adventures 
Firing on two.

Post 2CV Adventures
Anyone dealt with or know of the company 2CV Adventures. Pretty similar to what I do with road bikes (pedal not motor) here in France.

Just thought their idea was quite good specially the Moroccan tour they put on. Seems the clientele are all very similar though :lol: Retirees with a little bit of money.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014 ... troen-2cv/

Quite a bit pricey but when you can thrash one of their cars then I am not too surprised.

November 6th, 2014, 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2CV Adventures
i made the bumpers for them!
roy at ECAS supplied a lot of parts for the cars he may know more

Pony

November 6th, 2014, 11:18 pm
Firing on two.

Pal of mine sold them his 2cv and it is now one of their 'fleet' - he can't remember the reg tho so don't know which one :lol:

November 7th, 2014, 2:34 am
Firing on two.

They are putting on another Moroccan event in April which I was very interested in. They even gave me the early bird price for being a 2CV enthusiast. But just a little out of my price range I am afraid.......... £11,250.

November 7th, 2014, 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

i drive 2cv's since 30+ years almost daily... for that price i can "raid" a lot ;-)

November 7th, 2014, 9:08 am
Firing on two.

Looks fun, but yeah, way more than I can afford.

November 7th, 2014, 9:24 am
Firing on two.

I do a fair bit of sailing, we are planning to bugger off and visit the world in the boat. There is a thing in the sailing world called the ARC - Atlantic Rally for Cruisers - it's a cruise in company (a Raid in 2cvspeak) from the Azores to the West Indies, in your own boat, the organisers charge you a similar amount for the privilage. Interestingly, it pushes up the cost of everything - moorings, food, entertainment, etc. in all the places it stops by as much as 100% - for any boat that visits those ports. There is some resistance to it amoung less well off cruisers (like me!) and there has arisen a counter to it called the 'NARK' - Not-the-ARC, which trundles along the same course doing it without the 'crutch'.
Which is a longwinded way of leading up to saying perhaps we should have an I2F-not-the-commercial-Raid with scruffy, varigated, driver-owned, self fixing, camping, jaunt round the same route @ the same time, showing the real world of 2cv raiding? :lol:

November 7th, 2014, 10:14 am
Firing on two.

Usually they start from the Canaries.
Never understood this sort of sailing together, without racing.

citroenboat wrote:
I do a fair bit of sailing, we are planning to bugger off and visit the world in the boat. There is a thing in the sailing world called the ARC - Atlantic Rally for Cruisers - it's a cruise in company (a Raid in 2cvspeak) from the Azores to the West Indies, in your own boat, the organisers charge you a similar amount for the privilage. Interestingly, it pushes up the cost of everything - moorings, food, entertainment, etc. in all the places it stops by as much as 100% - for any boat that visits those ports. There is some resistance to it amoung less well off cruisers (like me!) and there has arisen a counter to it called the 'NARK' - Not-the-ARC, which trundles along the same course doing it without the 'crutch'.
Which is a longwinded way of leading up to saying perhaps we should have an I2F-not-the-commercial-Raid with scruffy, varigated, driver-owned, self fixing, camping, jaunt round the same route @ the same time, showing the real world of 2cv raiding? :lol:

November 7th, 2014, 12:06 pm
Firing on two.

Your probably right! Actually I seem to remember reading sumat about 'feeder' fleets from Gib & the Channel last year...? It's the wait @ the Azores where the Nark gathers & heckles ;-)

November 7th, 2014, 6:15 pm
Firing on two.

I did sail a Flying Junior. Not much cruising there ;-) But fun to do.

November 7th, 2014, 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next