View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 2cvKEZA 
Firing on two.

Post 2cvKEZA
I'm no way connected to the above firm but would just like to give my recommendation. I hope it's allowed under the forum rules. Body work repairs aren't cheap but this firm does the best I've ever seen on a 2cv without the BS.

Anybody looking for major bodywork repairs on their A series should give 2cvKEZA in Slovenia serious consideration.
I’ve just returned with the body of my 2cv where they converted it from RHD to LHD. This required the renewal of bottom and top baulkheads and moving of the speedo/instrument carrier (and related control mountings). I’d challenge anyone to identify it as not just come off Citroen’s production line as a LHD model. A truly superb job.

Whilst in the workshop it also had some other bodywork repaired. Namely the bottom of the windscreen area, one rear seat belt mounting, bottom of a rear quarter light, a small hole which appeared in the roof of the body (nowhere near a seam, bizarre!), a small area next to one of the rear lights and repairs to both front (normal places, top of the arc and bracket at sill fixing) and rear wings (robri fixing holes) . The whole of the underside was stripped, old seam sealer removed and replaced with fresh then treated with stonechip. The body itself was only given a temporary,protective primer coat (my request) so all repairs are just about visible. These will easily become unseen after the body has been prepped for painting.

Janez (English speaking) who runs the firm is a remarkable craftsman with metal and truly passionate about anything A series. I’ve left my AK with him where he will fully restore to its former glory, even manufacturing panels which are no longer available.

Slovenia is a lovely country and the people are very friendly. The logistics of getting a car from the UK to Slovenia may be daunting for some, but anyone living in mainland Europe should give 2cvKEZA serious consideration. You will not be disappointed!

October 5th, 2013, 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]